Record to HDD/SSD?

Jeremy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC & Mobius 1
I know this is a ridiculous question, but what about recording to an external drive?

Does such a cable exist that has an "SD card" on one end and a USB female on the other end or something that would create a bridge between the camera and a drive? I'm just trying to explore the possibilities in my mind about holding more/permanent storage so I don't have to pull the card out of my camera upon exiting my car whenever I have a file a want to take copy (presumably I'd also explore some method of wirelessly transferring this from my car parked in my driveway while I'm inside my house)

I've thought of using a micro SD to SD extender like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00879LYL0
And then using a wireless SD card... Just get getting a little obsessed trying to imagine "the perfect system" I guess...

Try wireless card set-up so when you arrive home it syncs with your PC and downloads the content

Yep, that is one of the possibilities I've been reseaching. It's just such a laborious process to pull out the card or camera, fire up my dinosaur laptop, and then hopscotch my files from my SD card to PC to filedrop app to ipad to airdrop to iPhone to camera roll to Instagram. It'd be. Nice to cut out some of those steps!

Im busy researching the same/similar possibilities of changing the storage directory from SD to HDD (permanently) the reason being that the total time that DashCams are able to record just isn't enough.
Has anyone been able to manage with this possibility?

Im busy researching the same/similar possibilities of changing the storage directory from SD to HDD (permanently) the reason being that the total time that DashCams are able to record just isn't enough.
Has anyone been able to manage with this possibility?

won't happen on this model, A7 with the exFAT licensed SDK can support up to 2TB

Please excuse my lack of overall knowledge on the topic, Im new to all of this.
Is there no possible way of changing the storage location of a X3000 Dash cam (it's sold in SA as a FV60)
I appreciate your response to the topic mentioned.

just changing the storage location wouldn't be enough, needs the file system support, will never happen with that model, models that can support SSD and USB hard drives are only just coming to market now

just changing the storage location wouldn't be enough, needs the file system support, will never happen with that model, models that can support SSD and USB hard drives are only just coming to market now

Ambarella had USB storage support in the A2 SDK but it wasn't in the original A7 SDK. Did they ever re-add USB mass storage support yet? (Or are you talking about SD/microSD only)

@jokiin............. I have a fast 64gb USB stick and was wondering if I could use it with the right cable connections ?

I also have a 256gb SSD which I know is a bit big and needs to be powered but they don't use much power and surely can be hardwired.

I cant wait to get my hands on the new A119S v2 which should arrive early next week

Back