Recorded files not showing in software

xyphx

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my new BlackVue DR500GW-HD today and set it all up and tested it out. I love it, but when I tried to open the files through the software on my PC, they don't show up listed on the right as they should. I am not sure why.
I have the correct file location set (it's looking in the record folder on the sd card). And, I can access and play the recording video file through other media players and see the other 2 file types in the folder. But, they do not show up in the software.
I've toggled the N, E, P for different recording modes back and forth. I also restarted after install. and tried to reinstall the software. They still don't show up.

I tried searching the forum for anyone who had a similar problem, but couldn't find any. Can anyone help me please?

xyphx said:
I just got my new BlackVue DR500GW-HD today and set it all up and tested it out. I love it, but when I tried to open the files through the software on my PC, they don't show up listed on the right as they should. I am not sure why.
I have the correct file location set (it's looking in the record folder on the sd card). And, I can access and play the recording video file through other media players and see the other 2 file types in the folder. But, they do not show up in the software.
I've toggled the N, E, P for different recording modes back and forth. I also restarted after install. and tried to reinstall the software. They still don't show up.

I tried searching the forum for anyone who had a similar problem, but couldn't find any. Can anyone help me please?

Read the thread about software problems below and apply that solution.

Maybe the problem

Ok, I just tried that, but it did not work.

also, I just realized something, the date showing on my recordings is 12-31-1969

At first I thought I just missed setting that before recording because it shows the correct time of day because I set that manually. I'm not sure how to fix the date issue either, but I think it could be related to the problem I'm having with the files not showing.

I can only move the calendar in the PC software back to February of 1970.

This is really confusing because I don't see anywhere to manually set the date anyway.

xyphx said:
Ok, I just tried that, but it did not work.

also, I just realized something, the date showing on my recordings is 12-31-1969

At first I thought I just missed setting that before recording because it shows the correct time of day because I set that manually. I'm not sure how to fix the date issue either, but I think it could be related to the problem I'm having with the files not showing.

I can only move the calendar in the PC software back to February of 1970.

This is really confusing because I don't see anywhere to manually set the date anyway.

Did you test it outside and get a fix from the satellites.

It wont have correct location and date if you tried it inside or in your garage

Which firmware version are you using Look in the version file in the config folder

I have had a similar problem in a DR400 where the video files didnt show up at all on the SD card but the other two did Never did find out why

here is what I got from the config-version file

[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

I renamed a recording and the other 2 data files with a 2013 date and it shows up, so apparently it is just an issue with the date I guess. I only ever turned it on in my truck. So it should not have had any problem getting a gps signal, and I drove around for over a half hour. When I first turned it on, I saw the gps light turn on, but tbh I don't know if it stayed on because I did not look at it again, it should have found a signal though right? There isn't a manual thing I have to press or something to turn it on/off do I ?

xyphx said:
here is what I got from the config-version file

[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

I renamed a recording and the other 2 data files with a 2013 date and it shows up, so apparently it is just an issue with the date I guess. I only ever turned it on in my truck. So it should not have had any problem getting a gps signal, and I drove around for over a half hour. When I first turned it on, I saw the gps light turn on, but tbh I don't know if it stayed on because I did not look at it again, it should have found a signal though right? There isn't a manual thing I have to press or something to turn it on/off do I ?

No you dont the GPS light usually blinks till it gets a hit and then stays on I think My lights are all turned off What does the little calendar say in bottom left of viewer.

Download the 2.033 in my post and copy the viewer to where it says Viewer for windows on your sd card and see what happens

I tried that, and now the software crashes no matter what I'm using.....

xyphx said:
I tried that, and now the software crashes no matter what I'm using.....

WHich software like the name of it

The blackvue HD software (viewer), it may have had something to do with me trying to play a renamed file though, I went outside and confirmed I got a good gps signal and recorded a short bit again. Again, it starts every recording with 12-31-1969 at 1800 hours (it's currently 22:30 here)

The date that shows up in the calendar in the PC software (viewer) by default is the correct date of today.

xyphx said:
The blackvue HD software (viewer), it may have had something to do with me trying to play a renamed file though, I went outside and confirmed I got a good gps signal and recorded a short bit again. Again, it starts every recording with 12-31-1969 at 1800 hours (it's currently 22:30 here)

The date that shows up in the calendar in the PC software (viewer) by default is the correct date of today.

I would format the SD card with the formatter in other thread and download and reinstall 1.005 and the 2.033 viewer and start again Cant hurt.

Sounds like the internal battery is gone. The internal battery keeps the clock/date/time running until it gets accurate again thru GPS acquisition. But locking on GPS can sometimes take a number of minutes depending on the last time used.

tonymy01 said:
Sounds like the internal battery is gone. The internal battery keeps the clock/date/time running until it gets accurate again thru GPS acquisition. Bit locking on GPS can sometimes take a number of minutes depending on the last time used.

Good thought It maybe because its new it needs power for a decent run to charge the battery or as you say could be a bad one as there has been some.

have it turned on for an hour or so and see if it comes right If not Refund time

I had the same problem when bought mine. You need to spend more time outside with turned on camera and it will be fixed.

Back