Recording 24/7 & Not Saving the Date

thedead

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I got this for my parents car and it's currently hooked up to a fuse with 24/7 power. Is there a way to stop the camera from recording when there is no movement or motion?

Also, the dates on the SD card were very old and not based on the date set on the cam. Is this normal?

Thanks

are you using the gps addon? if you are, and the time zone is set wrong, that could make the time stamps be off by up to 12 hours in one direction or the other, but it would still have the right year and be within 1/2 day of the date.

i agree - this camera isn't ideal for 24/7 recording. i just picked up a CF-100 and wired it up for parking mode in my wife's car. working great.

To be clear, we don't really care about parking mode...Just don't want the camera to be recording when they are not driving

Parking Mode = the ability to automatically turn from normal driving recording to motion detection once parked. This isn't a feature of the A118/B40.

are you using the gps addon? if you are, and the time zone is set wrong, that could make the time stamps be off by up to 12 hours in one direction or the other, but it would still have the right year and be within 1/2 day of the date.

i agree - this camera isn't ideal for 24/7 recording. i just picked up a CF-100 and wired it up for parking mode in my wife's car. working great.

I do not have the GPS add on, I set the date/time manually in the menu

Parking Mode = the ability to automatically turn from normal driving recording to motion detection once parked. This isn't a feature of the A118/B40.

Okay, that is not what I need. I need the camera to automatically stop recording once parked even though there is still power.

You need to wire it to a switched source, a simple job for an auto electrician if it's not something you think you can handle yourself

Back