Recording a motorist's traffic infractions "helps shape the entire insurance rating system"

I feel insulted by this ( its the same here )
Even a benign fender bender can often be the result of one driver driving like a complete idiot and breaking just about every law in the book before the accident happen.

And i have tried it once and i will not accept that again, i got rear ended by another car driven by a severe drunk person, and he got off as the cops dident want to come. ( or stop as several police cars allso passed by the accident )

One comical way to insure police arrive is to say, "I don't want the cops, just bring an ambulance for the other guy. He will need it in a moment." Then hang up and wait patiently. Cops will come.

One comical way to insure police arrive is to say, "I don't want the cops, just bring an ambulance for the other guy. He will need it in a moment." Then hang up and wait patiently. Cops will come.
This would have been a good solution for kamkar1. A severe drunk person looks unhealthy.
If the opposite party is in good health, call the police and tell them about neck pain or the like if they do not want to come. Then visit a doctor for a health check as soon as possible. Health problems after a light accident often occur afterwards, e. g. whiplash.

As far as I'm concerned, EVERY incident has someone culpable for an infringement of one sort or another. If nothing else, lack of due diligence and care.
Failing to impose an infringement sends the wrong message to the driving public. The public must lift their game and drive safer knowing that they will get penalised if they make a mistake however minor. They shouldn't just rely on insurance.

Dashcam video footage should be acceptable evidence for police to be able to issue infringements (other than low level speeding).

Happened to me just 3 weeks ago.

I parked the car in the mall parking lot and was walking back to the car. Another car was pulling into the next spot, no big deal but then I noticed my car shaking a bit. I ran and noticed the pulling guy's front bumper hanging half and it kissed my rear tire area, small dent near the tires, good amount of paint scratched. We didn't call the police as we knew they won't come but his insurance company is giving me so hard time, making me write a newspaper article on what happened (the form is quite extensive and although I gave all information to them over the phone, now they want it in writing. Why the f*** they don't ask it in the beginning then?).

The amount of time this sh** is taking is getting on my nerves.

Seriously, even if they don't come, still call them and make the guy involved in fender bender talk to your insurance company.

We didn't call the police as we knew they won't come but his insurance company is giving me so hard time, ...
Employ a lawyer. It makes life a lot easier and will expedite the case. Insurers do not like to deal with lawyers but they love aggrieved parties without legal assistance. In Germany the perpetrator's insurer would have to pay your lawyer. Maybe it is the same in the USA. My two cases, a rear-end collision and a collision caused by dooring my car, were finished successfully by a lawyer in no time.

Last edited:
Back