Recording does not always engage?

Kaitlyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sometimes when I turn on my car it doesn't get beyond the green DOD logo screen. It will eventually turn off (I don't know if it's at my 3 minute timeout or before/after that) but it just doesn't record.

Later, I can turn the car on again for the next trip and it will record.

Any ideas? Already reached out to them for support but wonder if this is a known issue?

Tried another memory card?

A full format with the SD Formatter software can sometimes sort a card out that has issues and might be worth a try

I have tried 2 different memory cards,90% sure it has happened with both. Should I format in-device on on my computer?

It's weird and hard to determine the problem/fix because as I say, it DOES NOT happen most of the time, but enough that it's an issue of me having to wonder if my drive is actually recording or not!

I have tried 2 different memory cards,90% sure it has happened with both. Should I format in-device on on my computer?

It's weird and hard to determine the problem/fix because as I say, it DOES NOT happen most of the time, but enough that it's an issue of me having to wonder if my drive is actually recording or not!
Normally recommended to format in camera. I was going to guess SD card if you hadn't checked both. Are you starting your car direct or going to ACC first and waiting?

Format in camera is fine however if the card has issues the full format with the software I mentioned can sort that out, formatting in the camera won't resolve those issues

Format in camera is fine however if the card has issues the full format with the software I mentioned can sort that out, formatting in the camera won't resolve those issues
Oops sorry I didn't see that recommendation :( didn't mean to contradict

Back