Recording every 2 hours

Michael J

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have U100 front and Rear and Cellink Neo installed. When I view thru Windows 10 using File Explorer and look under the cont_rec directory, I see the front and rear camera recording exactly every 2 hours for exactly 25 seconds and the same message: "Continous Recording will now start, GPS connected...." Sometimes it adds "During parking mode, x number detected + Continuous Recording will now start, GPS connected"

Sounds like rebooting every 2 hours?

either the camera reboots, but more likely the cellink gets triggered into thinking that the car has been started.
Meaning that the wire that controls this, is hooked to a fuse that sometimes switches "on" when parked..

are there any other images after the restart (continuous recording) or does the camera go back into parking mode (motion detection recordings) ?

So there was no recording after these 2 hour intervals. They went at 7:10 and every 2 hours until this morning when car was parked in garage with garage door down.

so somehow there's a trigger that wakes the camera up from parkmode.
can you unhook the battery (input) from the car and see what happens then overnight ?

Attachments

• egen-dash-cam-accessories-cellink-neo-battery-blackboxmycar-13970473615415_695x695.jpg
    egen-dash-cam-accessories-cellink-neo-battery-blackboxmycar-13970473615415_695x695.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If you look at the last recording you have before the reboot if the camera has been woken up by Ignition you should see an 'ACC ON' appear at the bottom of the video screen, and 'ACC OFF' when the ignition goes away. I've never timed the message but i think it shows for around 10 seconds after the ignition is turned on or off.

Back