Recording length

Uriel83

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I bought this dashcam and I am very happy with it, I only have one problem, I can't change the recording time of a video, it's set to 1 minute and it doesn't change me, how can I fix it?

It will only record in one min segments in the highest resolution etc. This is not a fault, it is by design. It will record longer clips if you 'turn down' the resolution.
Presumably this has been done to keep the recording file size 'sensible'.

It will only record in one min segments in the highest resolution etc. This is not a fault, it is by design. It will record longer clips if you 'turn down' the resolution.
Presumably this has been done to keep the recording file size 'sensible'.
That and to make it easier to transfer files via WiFi. The file size on extreme was almost 300mb for 1 min.

I wish we could change it. I'm coming from GoPro Hero 4 Session and it recorded 1080/60 at 10 minute intervals. I always pull the SD card and copy to my PC anyways. My normal commute consists of 3-4 clips to scrub and find the incident I want. Now it's sitting going through a ton of one minute clips to find what I want. Really annoying.

On the plus side when it starts a new clip you get a couple seconds of the end of the previous so you don't miss anything. Several times with the GoPro I've missed things in the few seconds of delay between finishing a file and starting a new one

Back