Recording light

Roadrecorder

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I just started using the PowerUCC Panorama 2S. This morning, instead of seeing the flashing on-screen red light and the flashing blue light on the back panel, I saw a steady green light on-screen and a steady blue light on the back panel. What is the difference between these two signals?
Thank you!

Steady green and solid blue LED means the camera is on but not recording.

This could be because you stopped the recording via the top button or touched the screen

It could also mean you've powered the camera via micro USB port which does not start recording automatically. The camera needs to be powered from the 12v side port and cigarette lighter adapter.

It can also mean you have motion detection set to on, and let at the time out expire

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this information.
I'm eager to get back to it and make it work again.
At least it is powered by the 12V DC power supply, not the USB.
I did not touch the top button.
I know nothing about setting motion detection and time outs.
The product is terrific and I appreciate your support.

Thank you very much for this information.
I'm eager to get back to it and make it work again.
At least it is powered by the 12V DC power supply, not the USB.
I did not touch the top button.
I know nothing about setting motion detection and time outs.
The product is terrific and I appreciate your support.

Have you sorted out recording ?
I hope you have SD card inserted into slot, right ?
Usually when there is no SD card in the slot, it will have steady green on the screen and steady blue led at the from of the unit.

Thank you for the tip about the SD card.
Yes there is a 16GB card in the slot. I will click it in and out to see if that helps. It worked fine the day before. I took it out to watch some video clips from the Panorama 2s and then re-inserted it.

Is the 16GB class 10? (10 in a circle printed on the card) If it's slower might not be good. We recommend 32GB class 10 cards and above. Also, what is the firmware version of your Panorama? (touch the "about" button in settings menu)

Thank you for the tip about the SD card.
Yes there is a 16GB card in the slot. I will click it in and out to see if that helps. It worked fine the day before. I took it out to watch some video clips from the Panorama 2s and then re-inserted it.

Did you copy any files off at the time?

Do you use a Mac or PC?

Have you formatted the card in the camera since?

Have you run any checks on the card itself to make sure it's ok?

It is a Class 10 card with a speed of 40, I think.
I did not copy off any files. I just watched them from the SD card inserted into a MacBook Air SD card slot and ejected it from Finder when I was done. Impressive smooth clear video quality.
I did not format the card in the Panorama 2S after re-inserting it.
I am unfamiliar with checking the function of SD cards. It is relatively new, having been used first briefly in a camera. I formatted it in the Panorama before running it, and it worked great the first time. This was its second time out.
Thank you for your insights.

Would a UHS SD card work, or is it best to stick with Class 10?

Card is fine, can you format it in the camera and see how it goes, Mac will drop some hidden system files on the card that will trip the camera up, best to always format in the camera afterwards

Last edited:
Yes MAC leaves a bunch of hidden system files every time it touches the card. You can also try moving/sliding the piece on the side of your SD card to the "Locked" position so Mac is not able to write anything to the card while in the computer.
You'll need to remember to flip it back to the not locked position after you're done. Formating the card after you insert back into the camera will also fix the problems.

Excellent! I will format the card in the camera and lock it the next time I view it.
Thanks for getting me going again.

Easy fix: I started the car, the Panorama 2S turned on, I pressed the power button on top of the unit and it began recording!

It should start recording automatically as soon as power is applied. No user interaction is required. The normal behavior is you start the car, Power applied to cigarette lighter port = camera turns on and starts recording.

make sure you're using the cig plug for power and not Micro USB power and auto start etc is normal, if motion detect is on though it won't start until there's some movement detected

After formatting the SD card in the Panorama 2S, it began recoding after starting the car. No need to press the top power button.

Is the 16GB class 10? (10 in a circle printed on the card) If it's slower might not be good. We recommend 32GB class 10 cards and above. Also, what is the firmware version of your Panorama? (touch the "about" button in settings menu)
The Firmware version is 1.15.01.

Back