"recording off" reminder beep

Miketegra

Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand that if the camera or SD card malfunctions and recording stops, the REC button is supposed to flash and the cam is supposed to give continuous reminder beeps. (correct?)

Is it also supposed to provide continuous reminder beeps if recording is turned off manually by hitting the REC button???

When I turn recording off manually it beeps once to confirm and the REC button flashes, but no continuous reminder beeps. (normal?)

Thanks!

I upgraded the firmware today (v1.2) and now it beeps continuously whenever it's not recording. Guess it was just a bug.

I upgraded the firmware today (v1.2) and now it beeps continuously whenever it's not recording. Guess it was just a bug.
When recording is stopped, you need to press a button (menu) to stop the beeping. This is normal. I have found that if your using a card that the camera doesn't really like, for whatever reason, there is a delay after pressing the buttons. What card are you using?

Mine recently, before and after updating to v1.2 has been beeping often and files recorded to the card do not open. Im using a samsung64 evo. is this the wrong card to be using?

Mine recently, before and after updating to v1.2 has been beeping often and files recorded to the card do not open. Im using a samsung64 evo. is this the wrong card to be using?
All the files recorded do not open? Have you tested the memory card with h2testw program?

I'm using the Lexar 633x 128GB

Better to use the Transcend card, make sure it is in fat32 format.

Back