Recording randomly stops

Rob198600

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Had anybody else had a problem with their cam stopping recording randomly throughout the day? I have mine running in the truck for about 8 to 10 hours a day and it happens at least once or twice daily, the red light stops flashing and goes solid red until I unplug and let it power down. I have the latest firmware and have tried 2 different brand new Samsung cards but keep the getting same issue. Dod support told me to return it to the seller and the seller tells me to return it to dod. Feeling very let down after spending $400 on this only for it to be completely unreliable unless I watch it constantly for recording status.

Mine did that for a few days but an SD card format fixed it with no further problems

You do need to kep a eye on the dashcam, and perform a format of the memory-card once in a while.
Its like hard-drives in the computers in the old days, with use they will become de-fragmented and performance will drop as a result of that.

If you have gotten the DOD in AU i would return it to the seller as i would assume AU buyer protection / warranties would apply then.
It could also be heat related if you are using parking guard, the cameras can only handle so much heat before they will break or in best case shut down.
If its parking related i would try and run a test overnight when the sun are down, if that work then the daytime shutdowns are probably heat related.

But you need to format the memory card in the camera, with your 8 - 10 hours a day i would do that every 1-2 months at least.

Some brands claim set and forget / format free cameras, but i would not trust that.

Some brands claim set and forget / format free cameras, but i would not trust that.

I'm sure the brands that promote their format free technology have had the marketing department come up with that idea rather than the technical department, they still have a format function built in and still recommend regular formatting of the cards, the only difference is they use some odd file system

how reliable is this camera? as in the parking mode and g-sensor etc? does it warn you if not recording, ie. sd failure etc?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DOD RC500S 19
C DOD RC500S 13
Back