Recording settings

Roger52

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just trying to understand how to set this up. My goal is to have it record while driving and kick into parking mode after I park. When in parking mode, start recording whenever motion is detected and continue until no motion is detected after so many minutes.

My card is a Samsung EVO Select 256 and I have the camera wired for continuous power.

My current settings:
Parking Mode - ON
Loop Recording - 3 Min
Power Off Delay - ON
Non-Use Auto Power Off - 3 Minutes

With these settings I am assuming that, while I am driving, it will create 3 minute videos and, when parked, it will go into parking mode and power off after 3 minutes of non use. While parked it will start recording whenever motion is detected and record (in 3 minute increments?) until no motion is detected for 3 minutes. One thing I have noticed though is that I get a lot of 9 sec videos now and then for some reason and it also looks like it continuously records a lot even when parked at the house facing the garage door with no motion that I can see in the videos causing it. Anyway, do these settings look about right for what I want? Thanks.

First, let us figure out how the "Parking Mode" works.
When the Parking Mode has been turned on, and no movement is detected in front of the camera after 5 minutes of recording, then Parking Mode is activated.
When parked, it will go into parking mode and power off after 3 minutes of non use? Nope, it won't turn off, because it is still under the condition of working. The mode requires the cam aways on.

In Parking Mode, once the camera detects movement at the front, it will start auto-recording; it will stop recording after 10 seconds of inactivity. That's why you have so many 9 sec videos.

Parking mode triggered by motion detection. Even the light's change or the leaves are falling will trigger it.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I knew it had to stay "on" to monitor for motion in Parking Mode but, when I first installed it, it appeared to show recordings almost continually even through the night. It's parked facing the garage door at night so I was perplexed why it would continue to record even through the night. I assume it detected some kind of movement. Thanks again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wingsy N2 Pro 3
A N2 Pro 7
A N2 Pro 16
Back