Recording stopping by itself when in parking mode

Nizmonet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Recently installed a a129 pro via the viofo hardwire kit. So far it seems to be working fine driving but I am coming back to my car to find it beeping and the recording light flashing and it not recording. If I press the button it starts recording again.

My memory card is a San disk high endurance. I wonder if it's capable of 4k though.

I will get back to you guys on the settings I have set.

Anyone got this issue and seen what it might be?

Also, its powered via GPS base unit and not direct into the unit. I vaguely remember say this was OK to do now as the GPS unit had the capability? Anyway it does enter parking mode correctly and switch to driving mode when the car is on.

Thanks all!

I have the same issue, but only when I use one of my “bad” SD cards. I have three SD cards; two of them are “bad” and constantly have recording errors. The other one is “good” and rarely has recording errors. It’s a little frustrating.

I have mine set to the time-lapse mode for parking mode. Not sure, but might have started the issue since that.

formatted the card this morning to see how it is later today.

It seems to be a problem for some people, with some cards, but it's hard to diagnose the actual issue. I've had this with 2No Viofo MLC U3 cards, on different FW versions.

Reformatting regularly seems to keep the camera working reliably.

Well, it wasn't even 3 days and its beeping again and recording is stopped.

I can't reformat the card every 3 days.

Not impressed. £230 camera and doesn't work right.

Do I spend more buying a top of the line memory card?

Confirmed again. I think once it has to start over writing footage, it stop recording and is beeping away.

@Doc_d think we have the same issue?

If it happens only at the the end of the card... probably. I've seen a few other people who have also had the same issue. I've got a help ticket into Viofo and thought they were ignoring me, but apparently they take 2 weeks off during the Chinese New Year.

Here's a similar issue. I know I found several others when I had been searching previously.

You might want to chime in on that thread and explain the issue you are having. It might be nice if Viofo sees it's not an isolated issue.

Doc

I have this problem too.. my A129 Pro Duo does not do loop recording in parking mode (it stops recording once memory card is full while in parking mode).. it will go back to loop recording when in driving mode.. i tried both my cards (Samsung HE U3 128gb and Samsung Evo Plus U3 128gb) but still same error. Another user tried 3 other cards (Sandisk HE U3 256GB, Sandisk Extreme Pro A2 U3 256gb and Transcend HE U1 128GB) but same error as mine.

i have the latest firmware v1.1 (defaulted the setting and did hard reset after update), hardwire viofo HK3 kit via fuse tap, parking mode 5fps, 2min loop recording

Contacted Viofo support but no reply yet. Temporary fix is to reformat the card to make it work in parking mode then reformat again when its about to be full before i leave the car in the parking lot.

If it happens only at the the end of the card... probably. I've seen a few other people who have also had the same issue. I've got a help ticket into Viofo and thought they were ignoring me, but apparently they take 2 weeks off during the Chinese New Year.

Here's a similar issue. I know I found several others when I had been searching previously.

You might want to chime in on that thread and explain the issue you are having. It might be nice if Viofo sees it's not an isolated issue.

Doc
we have the same issue.. i commented in that Viofo Community thread link that you shared

I disabled Parking Mode (it was draining my battery) and since then have had zero write issues.

Just a little update.... To recap I have 2 A129 Pro Duos. One is in my truck and one's in my Wife's Jeep. I have this problem on both of them. I've tried a ton of stuff, tested cards, etc and the problem persists.

On my Wife's camera, I reset the camera back to factory defaults and then the only setting I changed was to turn on parking mode event detection. She's been running like that for a couple weeks now with no problems. My camera still has the problem when it reaches the end of the card.

So I suspect it's one of the settings I was changing. Here are the settings I changed originally on both cameras.
Bit rate: Maximum
Loop recording: 10 minutes
TimeZone: GMT-5
Format : Changed date format

Now I think I might set my camera back to defaults and then change one of these settings at a time, format the card and see what happens. But it takes me a good solid week to fill up a 256GB card as I work from home. So it'll take quite a while to try to figure out which setting of combination of these settings is causing the problem. I suspect it's either the bit-rate, the loop recording time or a combination of both of them.

For anyone having this problem, you might want to set all settings back to defaults and run that way for a bit. I suspect the reason why there aren't more people complaining is 90% of people probably just leave the camera set to all the defaults.

Doc

Now I think I might set my camera back to defaults and then change one of these settings at a time, format the card and see what happens. But it takes me a good solid week to fill up a 256GB card as I work from home. So it'll take quite a while to try to figure out which setting of combination of these settings is causing the problem. I suspect it's either the bit-rate, the loop recording time or a combination of both of them.

For anyone having this problem, you might want to set all settings back to defaults and run that way for a bit. I suspect the reason why there aren't more people complaining is 90% of people probably just leave the camera set to all the defaults.
it seems to be working using Parking Mode = Low Bitrate, 2min loop recording, F1440P+R1080P, HK3 hardwire kit.. i formatted the card then used the attached setting... no error encountered yet for 3 days now (daily drive of 3hrs + on parking mode if not driving, using 128gb card).. see attached for my setting.. i will try to change the setting one by one to see which one is causing it.. will reformat everytime to see its full cycle until card is full.. trying it now on F4K+R1080P

i got a reply from Viofo support chat and they gave me T2 firmware, will try that one later

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200131-172016_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20200131-172016_VIOFO.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200131-172006_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20200131-172006_VIOFO.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200131-171946_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20200131-171946_VIOFO.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I really not understand why viofo is offering 10 minutes loop mode for a 4K dashcam. Such thing can only create problems to a camera.
I remember some Korean dashcams offering max. 2 minutes loop mode and their cameras were so stable. Their default setting was 30 seconds!

I set the loop duration to 1 minute on my test A129 Pro, but still had problems with parking mode stopping by itself.

I have not tried testing at 1440p resolution, but to me that misses the point of having a 4K camera.

Back