Recording stops after a few minutes

Interesting Jokiin.

I formatted the 32GB card that came with the Nextbase Plus kit before re-flashing the same Firmware and it made not difference. I have just tried an old 8GB card after formatting and it successfully recorded several 3 minute loops with the screen saver active. I have reformatted the 32GB card after the Firmware re-flash and the problem is still there. Looks to be an issue with the SD card, but why would the SD card cause such to happen

your symptoms were typical of a memory card problem, may be a failed card, or could just be a card compatibility issue perhaps

Spoke to soon

After 4 recording loops the recording stops on the 8GB card and live view appears instead of the blank screen saver. 1.5 loops for the 32GB card and 4 loops for the 8GB card

I'm currently using a apple mains plug to stop the mass storage coming up when using the laptop. Its cold outside so don't fancy testing with the Nextbase kit installed in the car. The symptoms are identical to those experienced whist the 412GW was connected to the car kit

power and memory are the two most common causes, I'd lean toward memory issues in your case though, you can try resetting the card, use this https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and do a full overwrite erase, once you've done that format the card when you put it back in the camera and then see how it goes

I've contemplated these issues, like you do, and my amateur take on it ...........

If setup, these cams will protect files up to a certain card %. That reduces the available overwrite area which kicks in when the card is full. That in turn means that the 'duty cycle' area is getting more of a bashing.

Also, as we know, card quick formats don't remove the existing data but just removes the directory entries which just makes them invisible.

There have been a number of recent posts where a freshly formatted card will work up to a point then the freezing occurs again. This to me does point to a card issue.

It seems to me that the answer is to try and avoid the card filling up to the point where 'overwriting' is needed as this seems to be a possible culprit.

I do and I've never had a problem.

The screen saver turns off if its having rouble recording, this may seem like its related to the screen saver setting but its just a really obvious indicator which maybe missed if the screen was always on.

This is definitely due to the card struggling to record, pop back into store for an exchange on the SD card if a full format doesn't work @NeilP63

I’m just about 50% through an full overwrite format, which I hope will be completed before I fly out of the UK tomorrow morning. Jeez, it’s like watching paint dry. If that fails, I will indeed return the card for exchange. What is a little concerning though is that the same was experienced with an old 8GB card after formatting which was previously used on a PC106 dashcam

Just on the screensaver changing to live view and recording stopping after 1-2 3 minute recordings and not restarting. This, I have proven during a recent 50 minute drive as well as at home. Conversely, disabling the screen saver definitely, allows multiple uninterrupted 3 minute consecutive recordings, which I have verified to be intact through viewing the memory card on the PC. So, why would the camera perform as designed without the screen saver enabled, but fails to do so with the screen saver enabled?

Back