Recording time in parking mode

wolfie882

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to set my F800 Pro (front & rear camera) to record approx 8 hours when in Parking mode before the SD card begins to be overwritten.

My camera is set to Time Lapse in Parking mode and I use a 32GB SD card. The battery cut-off setting is set at 11.9V.

The camera records for approx 4 hours before shutting down, presumably due to the low battery cut-off kicking in. Thinkware recommend upgrading to a 64GB card and setting the battery cut-off to the second lowest setting.

I am worried about draining my car battery - the larger SD card wouldn't help if the camera stops recording.

Has anyone set their F800 Pro dual camera system to enable 8 hours parking recording?

Reactions: RLS
I record in time lapse, set to 24 hours, with a voltage cutoff of 12.2V. I have a 64GB card.

How old is your car battery? What model is the battery?

I just did a quick calculation based on front & rear time lapse videos I have downloaded from my camera previously. You should be using about 720MB per hour in time lapse mode for dual channel recording. I don't know how full your card is with other files, but 8 hours of time lapse in dual channel recording will use 5.76GB.

Last edited:
My car is only 12 months old. I don't know the model of the battery. It's average voltage when parked is approx 12.6V (as shown by my tracker app). I should point out I am writing from England - my car is a Peugeot 3008 SUV whioch is probably not known in the US.

I note you mention "set to 24 hours". Is this the setting for the Record Timer function? Presume you've not suffered a flat battery? Do you have a front AND rear camera?

I guess how well a battery performs depends on many factors.

a lower setting will give you more runtime, and will also wear your battery down faster, something to keep in mind

Do you have a front AND rear camera?
I just did a quick calculation based on front & rear time lapse videos I have downloaded from my camera previously. You should be using about 720MB per hour in time lapse mode for dual channel recording. I don't know how full your card is with other files, but 8 hours of time lapse in dual channel recording will use 5.76GB.
Presume you've not suffered a flat battery?
You presume correctly.

Solve your problems with a cellink neo6 battery. My camera records 36 hours in parking mode with a 128GB microSD card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The camera records for approx 4 hours before shutting down, presumably due to the low battery cut-off kicking in.
Check the voltage in the last video recorded to see if it was indeed voltage cutoff stopping the recording.

Last edited:
Slap on a battery charger, and have the battery fully charged, then let the dashcam run. See if it records longer.

Also, it depends on the type of battery too. SLA, AGM, Lithium, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

What actually happens within/after 24 hours? I mean, what this timer is good for?

Thank you

It shuts off the camera after 24 hours or whatever limit you set it at - max is 72 hours. The purpose of the timer is to save your battery. The record timer only works if the camera is hard wired and parking mode is enabled.

Solve your problems with a cellink neo6 battery. My camera records 36 hours in parking mode with a 128GB microSD card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My q800 pro is set to record in Parking Mode. I have a cellink neo 6 when I check the sd card 128gb it'ssaved the Parking Mode files into the continuous fileon the sd card. Really annoying . anyone know how to solve this,

How did you get your q800 to go into parking mode? I have a cellink neo 6 as well but it only does continuous recording. The parking mode is on

How did you get your q800 to go into parking mode? I have a cellink neo 6 as well but it only does continuous recording. The parking mode is on
Same problem. And when in continuous recording it keeps overwriting a 128GB card very quickly. Not happy ,

Sound like your cameras are not connected properly and so not changing to parking mode, i cant say i recall any cases of a camera being "broken" and so not changing to parking mode, not even by a firmware update which have been known to some times stir up problems while fixing something else.

If these use 3 wire hard wire kits, i would try to put the ACC +12V wire on another circuit. ( or just pull it out to simulate a engine / car stop )

Mind you !!! i am not familiar with thinkware systems.

When you have a cellink neo6 the neo6 only has a positive and negative input to it. Can't find a three wire connection to plug into the power imput to the neo6 anywhere. All I can find is a three wire output from the neo6 to the camera. I have ordered one from the US but hasn't arrived yet. I have been looking at the

BlackboxMyCar BI-750 Dash Cam Battery but blackboxmycar won't offer any kind of warranty if it shipped outside the USA or Canada, NOT HAPPY,

I think power pack traditionally also just have 2 outputs for camera ??? +12V ( constant ) and -12 V i assume, so if using one of those you will have to get the ACC from a fuse ( if your system are the kind that use a 3 wire hard wire kit.
Power packs also just have 2 wires for input as i recall, but not sure if they are supposed to be connected to a ACC fuse ( +12 V ) or it can be a always on fuse and then the battery figure out itself when to charge.

I am not at all familiar with dashcam power packs, that i have still in store to try out.

The 3 wires i was takling off in my previous was the hard wire kit that go between the dashcam and power pack or if you dont have one of those the fuse box.

the Cellink only charges while the car is running so the input is two wire, output can be two wire or three wire depending on what camera you are running as to which output cable you would use

I think power pack traditionally also just have 2 outputs for camera ??? +12V ( constant ) and -12 V i assume, so if using one of those you will have to get the ACC from a fuse ( if your system are the kind that use a 3 wire hard wire kit.
Power packs also just have 2 wires for input as i recall, but not sure if they are supposed to be connected to a ACC fuse ( +12 V ) or it can be a always on fuse and then the battery figure out itself when to charge.

I am not at all familiar with dashcam power packs, that i have still in store to try out.

The 3 wires i was takling off in my previous was the hard wire kit that go between the dashcam and power pack or if you dont have one of those the fuse box.
Should be wired to a acc fuse. NOT CONSTANT LIVE. IF using a cellink neo 6 if just hardware wired positive fuse but set dash cam to power off at 11.5 volts overwise it will drain your car battery,
Hope that helps you.

So in a 3 wire HW kit you could connect all 3 to the battery, even the GND which are problematis some times in regular HW kit installs. ?

Back