Recording video footage

anse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garmin 55 dashcam. I've just done a 10 mile trip and have no video footage, can anyone tell me whate I am doing wrong. Do I need to tell it start video before I set off?

Assuming it is plugged in, is the red LED on while recording?
garmin-dash-cam-45-55-e1496441237641.jpg

Assuming it is plugged in, is the red LED on while recording?
View attachment 33067
Yes red light on video running. But when I finish my journey I have no video apart from the bit at the end of my journey when I say 'save video'. Should I say this before I start ?

If you eject the card from the camera and put it in your computer, what files do you see? BTW, what card are you using, have you tried a different one?

If you eject the card from the camera and put it in your computer, what files do you see? BTW, what card are you using, have you tried a different one?
Iv've only looked at it via the vibe app. It has a couple of pics 3 mins long but that's all. I did an 80 trip over the weekend & had 3 clips. The time lapse runs perfectly. Everything seems to be set up correctly, but surely I should have more that that ? I appreciate your help

I think you may have parking mode on which is eating all of your card space. If it is on turn it off, format (erase) the card and make a quick drive. After that put your card into the computer and look in DCIM/105UNSVD directory. You should see a bunch of MP4 files all 1 minute long. You can view them with your favorite video player (I use VLC)
Also check other directories on the card. The directory structure should look like this:
Screenshot from 2017-09-05 18-49-20.png

Thanks I'll check that out & let you know

Thanks I'll check that out & let you know
I think you may have parking mode on which is eating all of your card space. If it is on turn it off, format (erase) the card and make a quick drive. After that put your card into the computer and look in DCIM/105UNSVD directory. You should see a bunch of MP4 files all 1 minute long. You can view them with your favorite video player (I use VLC)
Also check other directories on the card. The directory structure should look like this:
View attachment 33071

It's sorted . Garmin told me to try it with the card that came with camera. I had changed it for a larger card - which obviously wasn't compatible. I've been out & about today & it's recorded everything. I'm very grateful to you for helping me. If you're helping anyone else with this prob - tell them to try changing the card Thank you

You can probably still use the other card just format it in camera before use.

Back