Red indicator light on SJ4000 WiFi

ifarley

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I boot my SJ4000W up the video feed comes through, but the buttons do not work. To shut it down I have to physically remove the battery, and the indicator light on the left of the screen is red. I've tried the method of placing electrical tape on the buttons, but that didn't help either.

I removed the battery and powered up via USB only, but that didn't change anything. I'm at a loss.

I've tried using the contact us option on the SJ Cam website, but never received any responses.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Attached is a pic of the screen and the red light.

Attachments

• 20150220_165220.jpg
    20150220_165220.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 5
you wouldn't get any response from them until the end of the month when they come back from holidays

I sent quite a few between December and January, and all I ever got back was the email confirming that I sent the email correctly. I sent another one today, since they'll be back in 6 days.

you really should be contacting whoever you bought it off, factories generally only field sales enquiries, support goes through the reseller

Why would I contact the seller when it's a technical issue? I'm not looking for a replacement, I'm looking for a solution. A fix.

Why would I contact the seller when it's a technical issue? I'm not looking for a replacement, I'm looking for a solution. A fix.

you still need to go through the reseller, factories don't generally respond directly to customers

So SJCAM isn't the manufacturer of their own device? I'm really not understanding. I bought it directly off of their website.

I bought it directly off of their website.

you didn't mention that previously, they'll be off until the end of the month at least, what kind of help you'll get I'm not sure but if you can post back with details I'm sure it will benefit others when making purchasing decisions

There was a firmware bug that rendered some buttons useless, try updating the firmware and see if that helps. I know sometimes pushing that button firmly for a few seconds helped me. You could also post your issue on the RC Group owners thread for more opinions and help. Hope this helps

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2090990

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J SJ4000 3
Back