Red Nextbase logo - what does this signify?

kosymodo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that ocasionally the (normally white) Nextbase logo at the bottom of my dashcam illuminates red, before reverting back to white. This, from what I can work out, seems to happen when driving around a roundabout or similar. However, I can't see anything in the User Manual to explain what this signifies. Any ideas?

It's the protected file button, it flashes when a protected file is saved or when you manually press it

It's the protected file button, it flashes when a protected file is saved or when you manually press it

Thanks! Maybe something to do with G forces then if it's happening when I'm going round a roundabout

I've noticed that ocasionally the (normally white) Nextbase logo at the bottom of my dashcam illuminates red, before reverting back to white. This, from what I can work out, seems to happen when driving around a roundabout or similar. However, I can't see anything in the User Manual to explain what this signifies. Any ideas?
Hi Kosymodo,

Simcor is completely correct, the logo goes red when a Protected Video has been initiated, due to the G-sensor experiencing excessive force. This can easily be set off around a tight roundabout. If you look at the files on the SD card, you'd see a series of Protected files of these roundabouts. If you'd prefer not to have these recordings protected, I'd recommend changing the sensitivity setting of the G-Sensor. This can be done via the settings on the Dash Cam itself.

Hope that helps.

Millie

Hi Kosymodo,

Simcor is completely correct, the logo goes red when a Protected Video has been initiated, due to the G-sensor experiencing excessive force. This can easily be set off around a tight roundabout. If you look at the files on the SD card, you'd see a series of Protected files of these roundabouts. If you'd prefer not to have these recordings protected, I'd recommend changing the sensitivity setting of the G-Sensor. This can be done via the settings on the Dash Cam itself.

Hope that helps.

Millie

Thanks Millie - I've no problem with the recordings being protected, I was just intrigued what the logo changing from white to red represented :)

My pleasure, anything I can do to help :)

Thanks to @Simcor for his speedy correct diagnosis :)

Back