Reducing dashboard reflections and glare

Nice one thanks mate, I might chuck some under anyway if it's slotted as that grille is a right royal pain in the arse.

I chucked up a quick video from earlier here:

First half of the video is the G90 which isn't affected due to the CPL, but then the Mobius kicks in (I was having a play around with 720p 60fps) and you can see the grille just kills any chance of getting decent output.

I should have ordered one of these sooner but figured shipping would have been ridiculous - it was basically the same as the dashmat but at the end of the day you can't get those things here and for the price of a few pints of beer (or a dodgy Amsterdam rub and tug) it's got to be worth it :)

Forgot about that Meguiars stuff too - it's sat in a bag here waiting to be done - that's a job for the morning :)

I forgot all about this thread until tonight - I've ordered a black DashMate...

You may be the first person in the UK to buy a dash cover. Possibly the last too. Dammit man, it's not British! Fancy a car-bra?

You're not kidding - I've never seen one in my 35 years here - if it works though I may not be the last :p

keep-calm-and-stroke-the-furry-wall-25.png

I thought golf cc owners demanded that type of styling style from factory fit selections o_O !!!

non vw ;)cc driver

Well look what just arrived - it's thinner than I expected - I'd got it in my head it was going to be plush carpet!

There's no cutout for the central speaker - I'll see how it goes with it fitted and worst case get the Stanley knife on there mixed with that speaker stuff :)

Although saying that I'm just going through the parts catalogue to see if there actually is a speaker fitted there or whether it's for ventilation or something - my old car was a Toyota Aristo with a JBL surround system and I'd just assumed this had a speaker there also due to the grille - maybe not!

IMG_1149.JPG

Wait!! Didn't you order that fuzzy suit to go with it? You know, even with that fancy, schmantsy dash mat you're still gonna' have trouble with reflections. Just you wait and see.

Well, I guess you can order the suit later when you come to see that I'm right.......and that suit is a lot more like a plush carpet!

fuzzy.jpg

I'm that hairy mate I could just take off my shirt to kill any other reflections :p I wouldn't mind a Superman onesie though :p

Typically after all this it looks like we won't be seeing any sun for a while now in the UK - probably next June looking at the weather :(

Just been researching that vent and turns out it's for indirect air recirculation - so the car can blow air around without it hitting you so it's more comfortable!

What a crock - but on the plus side it means I don't need to worry about it changing the sound at all as there's no speaker under the grille :)

OadvXIP.jpg

Just been researching that vent and turns out it's for indirect air recirculation - so the car can blow air around without it hitting you so it's more comfortable!

What a crock - but on the plus side it means I don't need to worry about it changing the sound at all as there's no speaker under the grille :)

OadvXIP.jpg

So you had to remove the dash to discover this? :D

Despite his alleged hairiness, I still think he should get one of those fuzzy suits.
I mean, not to gloat or anything but just a few posts ago I did say,....."You know, even with that fancy, schmantsy dash mat you're still gonna' have trouble with reflections. Just you wait and see."

Rev, you're truly taking this reflection thing serious. Oh well, while you have it removed, just leave it out so there is truly nothing to reflect. Or break out that can of matte black spray paint. :p

Poor Rev, curled up with his new dash mat, dreaming of dash cams and he missed the sarcasm special on DCT.

Damn the timezone differences :p

It's all in the name of science - I've got to admit ever since I had the CC I thought the reflections were the worst I've had in any car so figured why not try this for the price of a few pints! The other option is Oakleys :)

As for the dash I wish I'd taken it out - something under there rattles like a b@stard but if I got that out it wouldn't ever be going back in like it came out - I like taking things apart but sometimes they never quite go back together the same way!

As for that mat no chance of sleeping in that - it's like those really cheap car floor mats you can pick up and if I slept with it I'd have some strange rashes to explain to the mrs - it's hard enough getting her to touch it as it is - never mind with a red mark on the end of it :p

Back