Registration Viewer Incorrect Speed Mini 0805

Buckeye4

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0803, Mini 0805
Buckeye4New Member

I am having an issue with the correct speed being displayed viewing Mini 0805 (20141204 firmware). Have Reg Viewer (6.0 version) set to MPH and it's about 50% of actual speed. Funny it shows speed at about 60% of correct speed when set to KM/H. Reg Viewer works fine with my Mini 0803.

I see the same. The video stamp is correct, registrator set to mph is way out, set to kmh it seems to show the speed in knots which is what is recorded in the GPS file as far as I can tell. I'm using the same 20141204 firmware, the original 20141107 firmware didn't work at all.

It will be firmware related but could be an error (most likely) or it may be a change that would need to be adjusted for in Registrator Viewer

It will be firmware related but could be an error (most likely) or it may be a change that would need to be adjusted for in Registrator Viewer

Cannot be corrected in the viewer, I have tried options.

Reg Viewer speed off.jpg

Attachments

• gps0004.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 3
Well, the Registratorviewer site does not show support for the Mini 0805 or the Mini 0803 (curious). I am leery to sent a email to Russia with comments.

it's more likely a firmware issue anyway, hard to know without seeing the files ;)

the dev is trustworthy, no issue there, they'd need the same though, sample movie file and log file

it's more likely a firmware issue anyway, hard to know without seeing the files ;)

the dev is trustworthy, no issue there, they'd need the same though, sample movie file and log file

Well got an email ready to go to the developer's (Vadim Andreevich Kozlov) listed email address with the video and corresponding GPS text data, but still nervous.

he's completely trustworthy, not sure what you're worried about, (the cold war is over you know ;) ) honestly without Vadim and what he has done for dashcams with his software they'd be a lot less useful

there's a good chance it's a firmware issue and not a Registrator Viewer problem though anyway, in which case you could expect a one line reply telling you it's your camera that's the problem

I have the same problem with the same software and the same camera, I think we have to wait for an update somewhere. (the software I'm pretty sure).

Joklin, what unit is normally used in the gps file? The 0805 seems to be putting knots in there, which is the native GPS unit. It seems registrator is expecting kmh though?

Back