Registrator, dashcam viewer software - hi speed playback not working

ssfc72

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been unable to get the video from my dashcam to play at anything faster than 1X. The video image just freezes when I select 4X or 16X.
The video does play properly when I select a slower than normal playback, ie 1/2X.

When I try a faster than normal speed of playback, the map image does show my movement at high speed but the video image just stays frozen.

I am running Win7 and I have tried the Registrator software on 2 different notebook computers that are Intel Core I3 processors, and I have the same problem on both machines.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Also, I initially ran the video files from the SD card and when I discovered the problem, I also placed the video files directly on the hard drive of the computer, but that did not help to fix the problem.

Tested on the following clip
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 140 MiB
Duration : 1mn 0s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 19.6 Mbps

Win8.1x64, at 3x, 15x, 60x. It works correctly. What if you open the same file with VLC and change from this player the speed ?

Ok, thanks for the help, people!
I made VLC the default player for the .mov files and the high speed playback in Registrator looks to be working fine, now. :)

My dashcam is a mini 803.
I believe my notebook computer only had a lite or crippled version of Quicktime running, and was the default player for .mov files.

Back