Registrator Viewer 6.0.0.22 crashes on opening a SG MOV file

Steve_Parry

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Many over 10 years. Currently 1 x SG9663DCPRO, 1 x SG9663DR
Hi all,
Haven't had to look at a file from my SG9665GC for a few weeks, but today I ran Registrator Viewer 6.0.0.22 (the only version I've ever installed) and as soon as I click on the selected file the application immediately crashes with the Windows popup "Datakam Player has stopped working". This is on a W10 Notebook. I tried several previous files created by the same camera and they all do the same thing.

I downloaded a new version from the streetguardian site and installed it separately, but it behaves exactly the same.

Anyone else having the same problem? Is there another viewer I can use in the meantime?

TIA
Cheers
...Steve

open the program without trying to open a file and check what map it is using, if using Google maps change it to Bing/Open maps and see how you go

if still no good let us know for the next step

Could be codecs if its crashing as soon as you try load a video file. Do you have K-Lite codecs installed?

open the program without trying to open a file and check what map it is using, if using Google maps change it to Bing/Open maps and see how you go

if still no good let us know for the next step
Maps are set to none (Google causes annoying script errors so I turn them all off!).

Works OK on another PC. Sorry, should have tested that before posting. False alarm!
I'll do some registry cleaning on the culprit Notebook.
Thanks everyone for replying, especially Jokiin (again:) )

I have the same problem, I noticed today that Registrator Viewer stopped working, a few days ago it still was working. It gives the error: "Datakam Player has stopped working"
The only thing what could causing the problem I can come up with is installing Dashcam Viewer 2.5.9.
But removing Dashcam Viewer didn't solve the problem. I also de-installed K-Lite (and installed it again because it didn't help.)
As soon as I click on a video the viewer crashes, not earlier.
I'm running windows 10 which is up-to-date.

All videofiles (from the A199s and mini0806) are playing fine on every player except the Registrator Viewer.

Who can help me out?

I don't have W10 so i cant test it, but as jokiin said try settings the maps to None. (View > Maps > None)

Also try different Splitter/Decoder/Renderer settings under the Playback Menu.

Thanks, found the culprit. I had to change under Playback -> Decoders.
I had to change 1 item: "Using Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder" from auto to never.

Still wondering why it worked for so long and all of a sudden it stopped working.

Is it normal that under decoders the list is shown twice?

Afbeelding1.png

Last edited:
Thanks, found the culprit. I had to change under Playback -> Decoders.
I had to change 1 item: "Using Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder" from auto to never.

Still wondering why it work for so long and all of a sudden it stopped working.
Hmmm that stopped it crashing mine on clicking the file, but now get a popup saying there's no video codec (or something like that). I don't have the K-Lite codecs because the instructions say not required for Windows 7 and above?
Cheers
...Steve

I reinstalled K-lite codepack because removing it was no cure so I reinstalled it

I have found the culprit and it is indeed a Windows update. Hotfix (KB4013429) from last week (March 14, 2017). The MPEG2/DVD libraries is broken. Microsoft has listed it as a known issue.

To fix this you can either:
1) Uninstall this hotfix
2) Wait for it to be patched (Hopefully this patch Tuesday)
3) Use K-Lite codec pack and the disable the inbuilt DTV-DVD decoders
4) Use an older version of the CompPkgSup.DLL

That's Microsoft for you, break something basic that was perfectly working. Reminds me when i was an IT Sys admin, patch tuesday/wednesday would be a fingers crossed morning.

Last edited:
my computer needs restarting, iw ill install some updates from windows update at the same time, I haven't restarted mine for almost 4 weeks now and its starting to show.

Back