Registrator Viewer and Koonlung K1S – Grouping Front and Rear videos under same trip.

Russellg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DataKam Player Registrator Viewer - Version v6.0.0.8
Koonlung K1S - Firmware K1S:R158/20150417 HW_V3

I’ve have a query for experts of Registrator Viewer or users of the K1S who use Registrator Viewer to view their recordings.

Ultimately I am looking for a solution that can view front and rear footage side by side with synchronous playback, but I am impressed with the speed and functionality that the Datakam application provides.

As part of the basic program function, Registrator Viewer can automatically group videos from the same trip, i.e. if the K1S is set to split record files of 2min length for a 60 minute journey then the 30 video files will be grouped together to enable continuous seamless viewing in Datakam Player/Registrator Viewer.

The Koonlung K1S records front videos with a CAM1 suffix and rear videos CAM2 suffix

However, when Registrator Viewer automatically imports the videos, it combines CAM1 and CAM2 videos and groups them together, presumably based on time.

This results in a couple of minutes of CAM1 footage, spliced together with the immediately following CAM2 footage, as part of the same grouping. This continues randomly with alternating CAM1 and CAM2 footage every 2, 4, or 6 minutes throughout the grouping. It can be noted that the splice location is correct for the time/date stamp and location.

In my limited testing I have observed that it generally generates two groupings for the journey, 1st group starting with CAM1 footage and a 2nd group starting with CAM2 footage. Both groupings have the same issue in that they both contain footage incorrectly spliced together from random CAM1 or CAM2 files but with correct time/date stamp.

The only workaround I have identified so far is to manually group the CAM1 and CAM2 files before importing them into Registartor viewer. This makes it a little harder to simultaneously view front and rear video files that what I would have expected.

Has anyone else had this issues with importing K1S file into Registrator Viewer and if so do you have an better workaround?

Anybody ? - - - - I have the same question / problem.

Plus any help on making picture in picture front / rear video from the K1S files.

Are the file names different for cam1 and 2?
If they are, put them in separate folders and then use registrator viewer to group one folder at a time.

Then use the free VSDC editor to put the two big files side by side or pip.

Here's a video I did:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/posts/141544/

Last edited by a moderator:
have you looked at Dashcam Viewer

Hi jokinn,
I've been concentrating on the Registrator Viewer as it doesn't need to be installed. I don't have admin rights on this PC.
put them in separate folders

Thanks Sunny, Yes, that's what I'm doing now as a workaround. It seems okay but wont allow the DVR to overwright the files as they are in the wrong place. (Of course I could delete them off the card once view/reviewed etc.)

I'm not sure if I am having a overwrite recording issue because of this or another reason.

You may have g-sensor protected files that don't get overwritten and mess with the file sequence.
Check video attributes.
Also change g-sensor to as insensitive as possible.

Thanks to Sunny, that was really easy with VSDC Editor.

WHAT!!! and ruin my image, no way.

Back