Registrator Viewer Anomalies

delboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Panorama G
Well, I was going to post this hoping Vadim would pick it up, but I have just seen the announcement of the tragedy back end of August. Can't say anymore than has already been said - RIP.

I'll post this anyway - it was always going to be more of academic interest anyway as it does not affect the basic operation of RV. Someone out there may be able to shed some light on the anomalies. Some of these are RV oriented and some the Panorama G.

I recently took a bit of a trip - 520 mile round trip through very different driving conditions. I actually lost the first 2 hours 25 mins as the files were already overwritten. The first snapshot is during the middle of the night on empty, clear motorway in the UK.
Trip-01.jpg

I had set cruise at 75 (actually set at 78mph as my car's speedo is 3 mph fast at that speed!!). Three things to see here: 1) Why the 'zero speed' elements on the speed graph and speedo graphic?? These actually coincide with the with the end/start of the individual files - set on the Panorama G to 3 mins., but as you can see, these elements are quite long. 2) Why, at 9 mins into the clip, does the Camera throw out a 1min 05 second file?? 3)Why the green blob on the map rather than the arrow. It is always showing this circle during the 'zero speed' sections, and sometimes also in the other sections.

For contrast, the next snapshot is a few hours later in France. Weather atrocious and quite busy - don't forget time actually is 1 hour later than UK - didn't bother to change time setting on camera..

Trip-02.jpg

As can be seen, the speed graph is showing my speed fluctuating due to the conditions, but more importantly, only three 'zero speed' sections, and these were genuinely where the car was parked a)on the ferry, b)at a shop in Belgium and c) at a shop in France.

The third snapshot is again a few hours later back in the UK.

Trip-03.jpg

This shows again a fairly flat speed graph at 75 mph, a few ripples as there was some traffic about, but no 'zero speed' segments. The bit around 13.30 to 14.00 is a typical M25 snarl up caused by nothing:mad:!! This second two snapshots also show the correct green arrow on the map.

So - anyone any theories??

Looking at the three snapshots, I suppose the other conclusion to draw is to keep out of France - the weather is much better in the UK ;););)

Del

the green blob means there was GPS data but the signal wasn't fixed, once you have a valid signal it would go back to showing an arrow

there are peaks and dips that you'll see in Registrator Viewer at the file change point as Registrator Viewer averages the data to calculate speed, you'll notice in the OSD the speed does not fluctuate like this

the green blob means there was GPS data but the signal wasn't fixed, once you have a valid signal it would go back to showing an arrow

Is it possible to solve GPS signal fixing problem?

yes, get better reception

what camera do you have?

Mine is G90-A750 but its version info shows G98-ZX-A750-1449-S7w, I don't know why???

Is it possible to use an A770 firmware on A750?

How to know that the GPS signal has been locked? Is there an indicator on the screen?

I have observed the GPS signal strength, mostly it showed 2 - 3 bars (3 is maximum) on my dash cam screen but sometime it was blinking.

When played on RegistratorViewer 6.0.8, there was no moving arrow but a big green blob instead, speed graph showed zero for all trip.
I tried to change the antenna position but nothing changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
have you tried the camera outside the car to make sure nothing in the car is interfering with the signal?

Newer cars have a metallic film/tint to reduce UV and heat. That can have a very profound effect on devices with otherwise good GPS reception.

Back