Registrator Viewer & DR490L

Cauled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the Blackvue DR490L and I'm disappointed that the files don't seem to be compatible with Registrator Viewer, which I've used with previous DashCams. Does anyone know of any other program or app I can use, or am I pretty much stuck with the crappy stock software?

Well that sucks. Seems like the newer model units are not compatible with Registrator Viewer. I checked out the compatibility list but I didn't see any that had two channel (front looking and rear looking), and was not an obscure brand name.

Well that sucks. Seems like the newer model units are not compatible with Registrator Viewer. I checked out the compatibility list but I didn't see any that had two channel (front looking and rear looking), and was not an obscure brand name.

unfortunately the developer of the Registrator Viewer software was killed in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago, there have been no further updates to his program as a result of this so lots of recent model cameras are not supported

That's very sad. It would be nice if a family member of his could somehow release the source code and related stuff to someone else to continue the project. But depending on the situation, that's probably a very tall order.

This viewer seems to be continuously upgraded. http://dashcamviewer.com/ they have a free limited feature demo to try. And is reasonably priced for the full version.. try it out. If.. he ever develops WiFi it is a sure purchase for me..

This viewer seems to be continuously upgraded. http://dashcamviewer.com/ they have a free limited feature demo to try. And is reasonably priced for the full version.. try it out. If.. he ever develops WiFi it is a sure purchase for me..

I've tried this software with a previous dashcam and the current one that I have. I've never gotten it to work at all. It loads my vidoes and displays them in the file list with the mph speed for each, etc. But I can't get them to play the video at all. No video, no sound, no nothing. It's pretty much a giant fail for me.

Back