Registrator viewer has trojan or malware.win32 virus???

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
I downloaded registrator viewer from the link here that goes to russian site and my webroot antivirus flags it as containing trojan or malware.win32 (I forgot trojan or malware but it had gen.win32) and won't let me install it and I'm not disabling it to install without confirmation.
Anyone else with same issue?

Hi there, I don't know exactly what site you're trying to download from, but the official site and download link is this:
http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

If you're downloading from this site directly, then go ahead, my antivirus hasn't found anything wrong with the executable and no other user has reported any issues with trojans and/or malware.

actually I saw reports about that, dont remember where, maybe on some russian forums, but "trojan" error was not because RV has trojan, but because of antivirus settings ( filter ? ).

Last edited:
I think it's the same site that I linked from one of the threads.
I'll try again.
I had to reformat my hard drive with virus few times so not taking chance.

It's a false positive, the software is Internet capable and does a version check when you start up which involves polling a server in Russia to check for updates, your AV program sees that as an issue

It's a false positive, the software is Internet capable and does a version check when you start up which involves polling a server in Russia to check for updates, your AV program sees that as an issue

It's not during install.
As soon as I download the file, webroot pops up saying the .exe file has trojan win32 gen something so it's not even that far to check version.

It's not during install.
As soon as I download the file, webroot pops up saying the .exe file has trojan win32 gen something so it's not even that far to check version.

there is no install, it runs from the exe

there is no install, it runs from the exe
Okay. I can't even save the downloaded file.
After download completes, webroot pops that message and the downloaded file is not there. It deletes it automatically.

there should be some option to temporarily turn off the real time scanning or whitelist the download or whatever, not familiar with the program but there's always an option

Webroot doesn't have the best reputation. Any reason why you're partial to them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webroot#Reviews

"Webroot had the worst results out of 20 products tested by AV-Comparatives in the September 2012 File Detection Test of Malicious Software, both in terms of malware detection rates and false alarms.[25] Webroot detected less than 80 percent of viral samples, much worse than the 94.4 percent rate of the second lowest detecting product. Among clean files, Webroot inappropriately flagged 210 of them, raising as many false-positives as the other 19 products tested combined. According to AV-comparatives, the "results and misses have been confirmed with several tests and also by the vendor".[25]"

message_type_solved.png

Too many false positives

https://community.webroot.com/t5/We...Antivirus/Too-many-false-positives/td-p/45750

It came with the laptop and has full paid version so the bias.

If you've got online bank account, might be worth checking if your bank offers free AV.

Here in the UK, Barclays give their online customers a free, three computer licence for Kaspersky (+ licences for apple pc & also android version I think), and at least one other UK bank offers free AV to their customers.

I've downloaded the reg view and scaned it with ksapersky & the online scanner and apart from mcafee and "CMC" it came up clean, so most likely a false positive. I suggest you report it to webroot using link I posted above, and they should fix the signature, or at least whitelist the file.

Results from online av scanner here:- https://www.virustotal.com/uk/file/...7347086106931f4126334ed2/analysis/1402082725/

Last edited:
Okay I removed webroot.
Registrator viewer is installed.
I see there is option to play slow or fast but is there a way to output video file of slow and fast play to upload a long video in short clip with slow interesting moments?

Okay I removed webroot.
Registrator viewer is installed.
I see there is option to play slow or fast but is there a way to output video file of slow and fast play to upload a long video in short clip with slow interesting moments?

Yes the option to change speed is to the right of each file in the window that pops up when you go to export your project doing a save as.

Yes the option to change speed is to the right of each file in the window that pops up when you go to export your project doing a save as.
There is no option to save as.

Also, what to use to increase audio level?

There is no option to save as.

Also, what to use to increase audio level?

That's off memory I'll get the right terminology when I'm back home. (Possible screen shot). It's save (disk) icon after you select the video you want to export

I did press on the save icon and it opens a 'cutting' window?
Why it needs to cut?
But then it says format not supported.
Looks like it only works with .mov or .mp4 but not .avi.

Dashcam.jpg

Last edited:
Back