Registrator Viewer software and the 0806

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
I found that viewing the footage captured by the 0806 is only possible on Registrator Viewer software which I have downloaded; but which, as I discovered, is not a verifiable software. (Note: Footage from this camera does not work with VLC Media Player.)

Saying that, I also noted that the whole thing came to a grinding halt after just viewing 19GB of material from a 32GB memory card! There was sound and the GPS was working correctly; but the picture just froze!

What's happened here? Have I forgotten to do something?

Thanks if anyone can help.

copy the files to hard disk first, you'll have trouble if trying to access a memory card with that amount of data on it, USB isn't fast enough to deal with it

VLC probably won't like it if you're using something greater than 1920 x 1080 resolution

copy the files to hard disk first, you'll have trouble if trying to access a memory card with that amount of data on it

That's exactly what I did. I downloaded the contents of the memory card to a folder in my 1 TB hard drive, and accessed it via the Registrator Viewer software.

I found that viewing the footage captured by the 0806 is only possible on Registrator Viewer software which I have downloaded; but which, as I discovered, is not a verifiable software. (Note: Footage from this camera does not work with VLC Media Player.)

Saying that, I also noted that the whole thing came to a grinding halt after just viewing 19GB of material from a 32GB memory card! There was sound and the GPS was working correctly; but the picture just froze!

What's happened here? Have I forgotten to do something?

Thanks if anyone can help.

I take it you are using a Mac and being stopped from opening the Registrator Viewer software by the Mac Security system. It is possible to override this security protocol, I just forget at this moment whilst typing this reply as to how to get it to open. Will investigate and post an answer later if no one else has done so beforehand.

I've had no problems with viewing video footage recorded on my 0806 using VLC or QuickTime, though I always copy the footage off the SD card onto my hard-drive before viewing because the poor old USB connection probably wouldn't be fast enough to view 1080p video in realtime. Am currently running at maximum resolution which is 2560 x 1080 30fps super-fine and recording in blocks of 1 minute.

For info, have been recording onto Kingston 64GB class 10 cards and have also successfully recorded onto a 128GB Sandisk ultra class 1o card with no problems to date. Just remember to format them in FAT32 using Disk Utility on the Mac.

if i remember correctly you need to go to Finder then Applications. then right click on the program and click open. that should sort it out

if i remember correctly you need to go to Finder then Applications. then right click on the program and click open. that should sort it out
Are you talking about the VLC or Registrator Viewer?

Last edited:
I take it you are using a Mac and being stopped from opening the Registrator Viewer software by the Mac Security system. It is possible to override this security protocol, I just forget at this moment whilst typing this reply as to how to get it to open. Will investigate and post an answer later if no one else has done so beforehand.

I'm using a PC though ...

I've had no problems with viewing video footage recorded on my 0806 using VLC or QuickTime, though I always copy the footage off the SD card onto my hard-drive before viewing because the poor old USB connection probably wouldn't be fast enough to view 1080p video in realtime. Am currently running at maximum resolution which is 2560 x 1080 30fps super-fine and recording in blocks of 1 minute.

That's how I've done it too (see an earlier reply above) - and I'm also running 1 minute segments! But I think you may have a point in saying that USB is not fast enough! I downloaded the footage [from the card] onto my external 1 TB hard drive which I bought specially to use as a video library. The transfer [from SD card to the hard drive] is pretty straightforward; and loading the footage up via Registrator Viewer from the hard drive is also a doddle. But, if as you said, that USB is very slow, I can't understand why it just allowed the first 19 GB to be viewed without hassle. Surely, it would affect the entire playback even before the start of the first GB, if you see what I mean ... The other point I'm making is that after the first 19 GB [on playback], only the picture froze; but the sounds [of my in-car chatter and ambient traffic noise] and GPS co-ordinates continued normally. The mind boggles...

For info, have been recording onto Kingston 64GB class 10 cards and have also successfully recorded onto a 128GB Sandisk ultra class 1o card with no problems to date. Just remember to format them in FAT32 using Disk Utility on the Mac.

I always format my cards anyway as a matter of routine via my card reader. Old habits die hard, you see. :)

Last edited:
Did anyone make Registrator Viewer (http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html) work with 2560x1080 0806 video files?
It works nicely for me with 1920x1080 videos but not at the 2560x1080 resolution.
Hi there! I've been playing back 2560x1080 (cinema mode resolution) footage on my PC running Windows 7 for a few months now and didn't experience any problems with it. (I also tried using VLC media player; and that definitely does not like the 2560x1080 at all!)

So what are you using - PC or Mac? And if it's a PC, what main Windows software do you have?

Hi, I found that I could not view 2560 x 1080 30 fps 21:9 files on Registrator Viewer until I downloaded and installed "K-Lite Basic" codec pack, but it worked fine on VLC.
I am running Windows 7.

Indeed, "K-Lite Basic" codec pack solved the issue. Thanks, Nigel and kilgetty!

Never had a problem using VLC nor Registrator at 2560x1080 on my 0806. Maybe you need to copied the files off of the flash?

Hi again! While on the question of which viewer works better with the 0806 (Registrator or VLC); what is the best way of sending a footage (as an email attachment) to a friend?

(Never done it before....!)

Just to recap, I'm using Registrator and 2560x1080 resolution on PC/Windows 7.

Upload it to YouTube and give them a link, no need to make it public if you don't want it public. Almost everyone can view YouTube, no worries about compatibility. Microsoft OneDrive is a good alternative if you already have that set up, it doesn't destroy the quality like YouTube but it's not so good for public viewing.

at over 100mb per minute of footage you could either take a screenshot and email that or upload a segment to a file host and email a link for the other person to download

Back