Registrator Viewer - Speed

AlecWood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aguri DX20 which records .MOV files with the GPS data embedded. They play fine in Registrator Viewer but speed is approximately double what it should be but shows OK in software supplied with the cam - but that crashes at the end of every file

I've searched the web for an answer to this but all I can find is people complaining it is half what it should be.

I appreciate that because of the tragic untimely death of the developer there won't be any more updates, so is there anything I can do to fix the problem, or is there a good alternative I can use instead

As I said, it crashes at the end of each clip.

Looks like the camera is a modified version of Ausdom A261 - Tried the software from that cam too but the result was the same.

yeah generic players are generally pretty ordinary, the speed is recorded in knots and the playback software needs to identify the camera by file type to know how to deal with the files and interpret the data, it would be looking at these files and mistaking them for some other similar model, something the dev would have easily rectified in the past, sadly not an option anymore

you could try www.dashcamviewer.com there's a free version with a few less options that can allow you to try it out and see if it works for you

I've sent some files to the dev of dashcamviewer, it works well for me but GPS data is not displayed, hopefully it'll be included in next update.

I'm wondering if I should just return the camera and get something else tbh

I've sent some files to the dev of dashcamviewer, it works well for me but GPS data is not displayed, hopefully it'll be included in next update.

I'm wondering if I should just return the camera and get something else tbh

perhaps you should push the supplier to provide a player that actually works considering it's a function that they advertise

Back