RegistratorViewer free alternative

cqrt

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
As we now know, RegistratorViewer will now not parse the GPS data from Viofo A119S files, and Dashcam Viewer is expensive and the UI is convoluted IMHO, so I went looking for an alternative, and found this...

Nextbase Replay 3

Seems to parse the GPS data from Viofo A119S files just fine, UI is pretty slick. The only caveats I can see are, the filename parsing is messed up (mine shows 09:11 14/09/2017 for every file), and if you select all files on your SDCard, the programs takes a while to catalog them, also doesn't recognize the locked file folder.

Untitled 2.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Good stuff and at 60mb shows there is a lot to look at if I decide to install it.......... Whats the best forum to follow ?

I have installed the program and it plays sort of ok then the GPS cut in and the video became blocky

I will test on a new laptop I just bought

I've been playing with this for a couple of days and it appears to work fairly well (HP core I5 laptop running Win 7 Pro) with SG9665GC files and A118C files (both with GPS). Map positioning appears to be correct as is the speed and compass displays. File names appear correctly. What it does not do that RV does is combine files into 'trips' - or if it does I haven't yet found it.

It does have a basic video editing function that I have not had time to play with yet.

It would be nice if someone with SG's very soon to be released DC camera would try it on those files to see how it handles them. (Hint, hint ;) )

Thanks so much for pointing me in this direction having happily used Registrator Viewer for many years with my previous mini 0801 GPS camera and had desperately been looking for a programme to use with my Viofo A119S GPS version in order to see GPS map footage..
Having just installed this above programme from Next Base I must say how very happy I am with it.. The GPS Google maps are spot on and the programme is quite easy to navigate which includes a zoom in/out facility of video footage.. As mentioned in earlier above post all files loaded show the same time date however if you look below the time date on each file you will see correct time in 24 hr format with date ie 17092017 and time (inc seconds) 180515..each additional file will have the correct time you will be looking for in 24 hr format so easy to narrow down a search.. So overall this is a great addition to Registrator Viewer for your A119S if you want to see Google GPS maps alongside your video footage.......

@DashcamDPR Sorry for the delay here!

I haven't seen Replay 3 being used with files from other manufacturers/formats as it has been designed specifically for us, I'll check with the software developer and get back to you tomorrow.

Good to hear @Barrybados :)

I haven't seen Replay 3 being used with files from other manufacturers/formats as it has been designed specifically for us, I'll check with the software developer and get back to you tomorrow.

other cameras based on the same chipset you use are likely going to work for playback etc, things like the update function for the camera itself won't work of course but for general playback it's no issue

Thanks so much for pointing me in this direction having happily used Registrator Viewer for many years with my previous mini 0801 GPS camera and had desperately been looking for a programme to use with my Viofo A119S GPS version in order to see GPS map footage..
Having just installed this above programme from Next Base I must say how very happy I am with it.. The GPS Google maps are spot on and the programme is quite easy to navigate which includes a zoom in/out facility of video footage.. As mentioned in earlier above post all files loaded show the same time date however if you look below the time date on each file you will see correct time in 24 hr format with date ie 17092017 and time (inc seconds) 180515..each additional file will have the correct time you will be looking for in 24 hr format so easy to narrow down a search.. So overall this is a great addition to Registrator Viewer for your A119S if you want to see Google GPS maps alongside your video footage.......

Good to see it works for you as I was in the same boat desperately looking for a app to replace RegistratorViewer. The only other feature I'm missing from Replay 3 is speeding up the playback. @NextBase Tiffany "Hint, Hint"

Thanks @cqrt I will pass this on to the development team.
Just thinking out loud here.

Given that RegistratorViewer is arguably the preferred program for dash cam videos but, unfortunately, is no longer supported maybe expanding 'NextBase Replay' to support additional camera platforms could make it a marketable standalone product.

I for one would seriously consider purchasing it as, for me currently, there is no other viable product.

Sorry, what is unviable about Dashcam Viewer? The window madness can be tamed with a mouse in a couple of minutes, and it works flawlessly here with A119S 1080p@60fps (on W7 x64, too). I don't personally have a problem paying $25/£19 for the work that's gone into it. Support of higher res will come as the libraries are updated.

Sorry, what is unviable about Dashcam Viewer?....

"The recommended system requirements for running Dashcam Viewer are Windows 10 and preferably an i7 processor. This is stated on the dashcamviewer.com website and in the User Manual."

It appears than an I5 machine running 64 bit Win7 is woefully inadequate for DCV, even though literally every other video playback or editing program I've tried runs just fine - including NextBase Replay. I'm not about to upgrade my hardware and software for the sake of running an otherwise mediocre program which the author refuses to acknowledge has performance issues. If it functioned acceptably I would have no issue with paying $25 or more. (And it's not just me that has the issue - there are a number of threads regarding this including the one the above quote came from.)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-viewer-for-mac-and-windows.4357/page-20#post-340387

There isn't at the moment @gse as we don't retail out products there.

At the moment it is provided as a bespoke viewer free of charge along with our product range @DT MI .

At the moment it is provided as a bespoke viewer free of charge along with our product range @DT MI .
Yes, I am aware of that. I was just musing that it has the potential, with a little additional development, to be a good standalone product if desired.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C A119S 2
J A119S 12
Unruly A119S 10
klatch A119S 94
F A119S 2
Back