RegistratorViewer: Potential work around for for those that have stuttering video playback

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
I had a customer report their video playback stutters or is stuttering via RegistratorViewer (DataKam) on their Windows (not sure which version) machine. This happened even if they copied the files off the card to the local hard drive first.

They found a work around, so I thought I'd share incase anyone else runs across video playback that isn't as smooth as it should be. I remember a couple others reporting this condition over the last year that was never resolved, but playback worked fine for them on another computer.

"Jon, I figured this out. I have a G-Sync monitor. With G-Sync enabled in Registrator and Dashcamviewer, the video stutters. Disabled G-Sync and it plays smooth. If anyone else has this issue. Go to Nvidia control panel --> manage 3d settings. Add registratorviewer.exe then change Monitor Technology to ULMB or Fixed Refresh. Thanks for your time."

VbIOpGv.png

I haven't experienced this issue myself, but again thought I'd share in case it helps someone else.

Also:
RIP: Vadim Kozlov (Author of RegistratorViewer DataKam)

I'm running Windows 7 Pro, 2500K @ 4.5 GHz, (2x) 780 classifieds, Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q monitor (1440p @ 144 Hz), latest Nvidia driver, 200% dpi scaling in Windows. With GSYNC on, video stutters in Dashcamviewer and Registrator but sound is OK. Suspect it will happen to anyone running GSYNC, regardless of hardware. Workaround is simple. Add these programs in the Nvidia program settings and disable GSYNC (as shown above). Hope this helps.

maybe it's something particular to your setup, I checked my machines and don't have this as an option, latest Nvidia drivers but Win 10 so maybe some difference there, I don't get any stutter anyway though

ok, looked it up, seems only certain monitors support this, guess that's why

something to keep in mind if the question comes up though so thanks for sharing anyway

Back