Regrets, i have a few...

Ratbat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
finally got fed up with my garmin 55 and having liked my 312 before, thought i'd get the 522....may have been a mistake.
I use parking mode, and its hard wired.

using the app, will stop the cam recording, you need to manually turn it back on.
(can we get a button in the app to check the cam is recording and start if not?)

cam will shut off if the car doesn't move for a few mins when car is running

every morning when i unlock and open the car, i get a parking mode protected file
(can they not program it so if the cam is powered on then any prot files in the last 5 mins get unprot??)

alexa has bugged on me a couple of times, locked up the entire cam, had to remove from power and reset

you cant (as was advertised) use alexa to send vids to your phone, feature not implemented yet.

no alexa spotify integration (an alexa issue not the cams fault)

im hoping a lot of these can get patched, and at least the horrid startup noise has gone that the 312 had

They(Nextbase) still say that Dashcam skills is coming on 1st June, not happened yet, so probably next June.

I wished id taken note of review like yours before i bought - because you are spot on

add videos so blurred to cant read plates

wifi never works

clips never download to phone - and if they start after about 10min they are half way through and you get bored or they fail..

The connect your phone (only one can be paired) and recording stops is the icing on the cake of fustration

looking like no manufacturer support - they dont even seem to bother replying to people on here anymore - what can they say - reset it - just for the same to happen

Back