Reinstalling software on a dashcam.

stalker

Country
United Kingdom
Is this possible chaps? Is there a way to hack the camera and use another operating system or reinstall official one?
Thanks in advance.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you could reinstall the firmware, or update it if there's a newer version than what you have now available, you can't put any alternate software on it though

OP
OP
S

stalker

Country
United Kingdom
you could reinstall the firmware, or update it if there's a newer version than what you have now available, you can't put any alternate software on it though
ah, shame. I did try and update it, using the manufacturers firmware, but now have a blank screen. There's power getting to it, and it goes through the charging process, red to blue. But no display. I thought there might have been a hack for it to be re installed. :/

NextBase Tiffany

Manufacturer
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
612GW 512GW 412GW 312GW 212 Lite 112 Go Mirror DUO + DUO HD.
Hi @stalker sorry for my delay in getting here.

Have you still got it? I note this is a week ago now.

OP
OP
S

stalker

Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Got it back from nextbase. They told me it's not powering up, and beyond economical repair. Pretty cheesed off seeing as it broke during a software upgrade following nextbase instructions to the letter. Offered me a reconditioned one for 80 quid. Not a chance, not being suckered into paying more for someone else's camera that was also reported as being broken beyond repair. Sounds fishy to me.

NextBase Tiffany

Manufacturer
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
612GW 512GW 412GW 312GW 212 Lite 112 Go Mirror DUO + DUO HD.
Ah - I know this now, I have just emailed you back this morning.

Would you like a second chat with the engineer? More than happy to call you and pop you through.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Nextbase 1