Reinstalling software on a dashcam.

stalker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this possible chaps? Is there a way to hack the camera and use another operating system or reinstall official one?
Thanks in advance.

you could reinstall the firmware, or update it if there's a newer version than what you have now available, you can't put any alternate software on it though

you could reinstall the firmware, or update it if there's a newer version than what you have now available, you can't put any alternate software on it though
ah, shame. I did try and update it, using the manufacturers firmware, but now have a blank screen. There's power getting to it, and it goes through the charging process, red to blue. But no display. I thought there might have been a hack for it to be re installed. :/

they have a rep on here, if you direct your question to @NextBase Tiffany I'm sure you'll get some further help
Yeah, I noticed that. However, I'm guessing I'm going to get a 'send it back to factory' response, rather than help with a diy fix.

Hi @stalker sorry for my delay in getting here.

Have you still got it? I note this is a week ago now.

Yes. Got it back from nextbase. They told me it's not powering up, and beyond economical repair. Pretty cheesed off seeing as it broke during a software upgrade following nextbase instructions to the letter. Offered me a reconditioned one for 80 quid. Not a chance, not being suckered into paying more for someone else's camera that was also reported as being broken beyond repair. Sounds fishy to me.

Ah - I know this now, I have just emailed you back this morning.

Would you like a second chat with the engineer? More than happy to call you and pop you through.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Nextbase Other 0
Stampy Nextbase Other 17
B Nextbase Other 1
Back