Reliability & durability of Viofo A129 pro

tyobes

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello
I plan to buy a viofo a129 PRO soon, luckily I read that it supports parking advanced mode, I was about to buy a 70mai, but I would like to know about reliability and durability after how long did you start to see hardware or software problems on the dashcam? and how did you manage it?

Regards

Hello
I plan to buy a viofo a129 PRO soon, luckily I read that it supports parking advanced mode, I was about to buy a 70mai, but I would like to know about reliability and durability after how long did you start to see hardware or software problems on the dashcam? and how did you manage it?

Regards
im having issues with mine keeps restarting and had issues before this but customer seems on point....im currently trying to iron out my issue now

I initially had issues with the camera, restarting etc. I found that replacing the 15' USB extension cord with a home made extension cord made from lamp cord (much larger gauge wire), that problem went away. The A129 pro draws a lot of current, and does not like being starved of voltage.

I had another issue that I tracked down to having "parking mode" enabled without having a hardwire kit. (Motion detecting parking mode works fine without a hardwire kit, just don't enable "Parking mode", that requires the hardwire kit). Since then, both cameras have been working fine.

I would rate it 0-10 I would give it a 6.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to buy a 70mai, but I would like to know about reliability
I believe the 70 mai has significant problems with battery life, unless you live in Alaska!

The A129 Pro seems pretty reliable, yes there have been a few people had issues with memory cards and cables, but in general it is good. Maybe not the best dashcam for parking mode since it can shut down in hot temperatures, but if you want a real 4K camera then that is inevitable.

Beat the Heat: VIOFO A129 PRO Dash Cam | BlackboxMyCar

Hi all, i’m going to buy the A129 pro OR A129 plus
i live in a pretty warm location (32°/90F° today). Which one should i buy?

If you want to use the parking mode in the sunny day, better to choose the A129 Plus instead of the A129 Pro.

the reason?
The 4K cameras get very hot and will shut down on you during parking mode if you live in a place with hot temperatures. So if you value parking mode, you're better off going with the a129 Plus.

If Hot temperatures are not a problem for you, then you can go with a 4K dash cam.

In parking mode the camera doesn't work at full throttle though, right?
It should be less prone to thermal iussues...

In parking mode the camera doesn't work at full throttle though, right?
It should be less prone to thermal iussues...
No, but the AC is not working at all.

If you want to use the parking mode in the sunny day, better to choose the A129 Plus instead of the A129 Pro.
the reason?
The 4K cameras get very hot and will shut down on you during parking mode if you live in a place with hot temperatures. So if you value parking mode, you're better off going with the a129 Plus.
If Hot temperatures are not a problem for you, then you can go with a 4K dash cam.

What about setting the Viofo A129 Pro to 2K for parking mode - would it then be just as capable of handling hot temperatures as the A129 Plus?

Viofo A129 Pro has a resolution of 2560 × 1440 (QHD) in parking mode!

Viofo A129 Pro has a resolution of 2560 × 1440 (QHD) in parking mode!

@dala, that's news to me. I don't have an A129 Pro, but I do have a copy of the user manual (V21.9.15 - see below), which doesn't appear to say anything about the camera's parking mode being restricted to 2560×1440. Was that restriction introduced in later firmware?

Anyway, if the A129 Pro's resolution is restricted to 2560×1440 in parking mode, then why would it be (as @StrayCam and @viofo suggested above) more likely to overheat in parking mode than the A129 Plus which AFAICT also records at 2560×1440 in parking mode?

Attachments

• A129 Pro Duo Manual.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • A129 Plus Duo Car Dash Camera Manual.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@dalaWas that restriction introduced in later firmware?
Yes, exactly this.

Anyway, if the A129 Pro's resolution is restricted to 2560×1440 in parking mode, then why would it be (as @StrayCam and @viofo suggested above) more likely to overheat in parking mode than the A129 Plus which AFAICT also records at 2560×1440 in parking mode?

Because it still has 4K chip inside, which consumes more power even if post-processing is in lower resolutions and thus generates more heat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P A129 Pro / A129 Pro Duo 32
Back