Reliable source of high endurance microsd cards

DocHudson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking to buy some high endurance cards to replace the older ones, but I do not want to buy from amazon. Sandisk/Samsung websites are out of stock. What other reliable source I can get genuine cards from?

Thanks in advance.

Amazon has loads of counterfeit cards, and I do not want to go through the hassle of returning if I get one.

Amazon has loads of counterfeit cards, and I do not want to go through the hassle of returning if I get one.

You're right that there are a lot of counterfeit memory cards sold on Amazon but look for cards that say "Ships from Amazon" and "Sold by Amazon" under the add-to-cart and buy buttons.
If it says that you can be assured that the memory card you are purchasing is genuine.

Personally, I've been purchasing cards from Amazon for years with this caveat in mind and have never received a fake.

sold_by.jpg

Here are a couple of examples.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B09WB1857W

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B084CJ9T2R

Last edited:
Amazon is the ONLY place I would ever buy an SD Card.
Like Dashmellow said; "Sold & Shipped by Amazon" is the key here.
And if there is a problem, Amazon is the only online retailer that has free returns.
Every other place I've looked the customer is responsible for return shipping cost, (even if the item is defective).
-Chuck

I have bought cards exclusively on amazon but recently came across an article where it mentioned how counterfeit articles proliferate on amazon. Pick either of the examples above, multiple sellers but the same SKU. The sellers sending these cards to amazon to stock, all go in the same bin (same SKU). If a seller happens to send a counterfeit card, now you have a 'bin' of a mix of fake and genuine cards. Its your luck, you will get genuine or fake. I bought a Samsung Evo card a while back, shipped and sold by amazon, but tuned out to be fake (slow writing and reading speeds, failed h2testw testing). Since then I started buying cards on the Samsung website.

Now for the Samsung Pro Endurance card linked, there are 2 versions, current and old. Samsung website only shows the older version. Wouldn't you think the Samsung website will be the first one to get updated with the newer version? Samsung webpage doesn't even list a 256GB card, yet it is available on amazon for sale. This all raises my suspicion and questions the validity of being shipped and sold by amazon.

I totally get free returns criteria, but at what cost? I have returned Sandisk cards back to Sandisk for free in exchange for a newer card. (Sandisk had a lifetime warranty on some of the cards.. If cards fail, you reach out to them and return the card. Once they confirm, they send a new card. Did that twice. Not too sure if its still valid now its WD). If I am buying a genuine card, I don't have to worry about returning it, to begin with. And if it fails, well that's just electronics for you.

I have bought cards exclusively on amazon but recently came across an article where it mentioned how counterfeit articles proliferate on amazon. Pick either of the examples above, multiple sellers but the same SKU. The sellers sending these cards to amazon to stock, all go in the same bin (same SKU). If a seller happens to send a counterfeit card, now you have a 'bin' of a mix of fake and genuine cards. Its your luck, you will get genuine or fake. I bought a Samsung Evo card a while back, shipped and sold by amazon, but tuned out to be fake (slow writing and reading speeds, failed h2testw testing). Since then I started buying cards on the Samsung website.

Now for the Samsung Pro Endurance card linked, there are 2 versions, current and old. Samsung website only shows the older version. Wouldn't you think the Samsung website will be the first one to get updated with the newer version? Samsung webpage doesn't even list a 256GB card, yet it is available on amazon for sale. This all raises my suspicion and questions the validity of being shipped and sold by amazon.

I totally get free returns criteria, but at what cost? I have returned Sandisk cards back to Sandisk for free in exchange for a newer card. (Sandisk had a lifetime warranty on some of the cards.. If cards fail, you reach out to them and return the card. Once they confirm, they send a new card. Did that twice. Not too sure if its still valid now its WD). If I am buying a genuine card, I don't have to worry about returning it, to begin with. And if it fails, well that's just electronics for you.

To reiterate, if you buy directly from Amazon you will get the genuine article.

The memory cards sold and shipped by Amazon are supplied by Samsung and found on their Amazon Store. Many Samsung cards found in Samsung's store are offered by other vendors but one should always buy from listings sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

You don't quite have your facts straight. @CaptureYourAction beat me to it but indeed, Samsung does make a 256GB Pro Endurance memory card and it is listed on Samsung's (semiconductor) website.

This is one of Samsung's newer memory card offerings. It is the new U3 V30 version of the Pro Endurance line.

u3_v30_samsung.jpg

256GB.jpg

Last edited:
Samsung website should have some in stock... Another option is to go to Best Buy, B&H, or Adorama. Those are alternatives to Amazon.

Samsung website should have some in stock... Another option is to go to Best Buy, B&H, or Adorama. Those are alternatives to Amazon.

As I've mentioned, I've never had any issues buying memory cards sold directly by Amazon, but that's not a bad idea for some trustworthy Amazon alternatives ! Prices seem attractive too.

https://www.adorama.com/l/?searchinfo=endurance microsd&sel=Item-Condition_New-Items

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?q=Endurance MicroHD&sts=ma

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

I am not risking my money buying cards from any warehouse. I buy direct from Samsung. There is videos showing what to look for in counterfeit cards. It is amazing how close the counterfeit packaging is.

Thank you for linking the 256GB card. I didn't reach that webpage directly from Samsung's front page (as I linked in my post).

I will also check Adorama and BHPhoto. It should have occurred to me earlier.

For the benefit of people in the UK, scan.co.uk has the 256GB Samsung cards for £10 less than Amazon.

Back