remove blackvue 650 end cap?

cyclopops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i dont want to keep pulling out my connectors to get the SD card out, so i always have the end cap just dangling, but looks untidy.

is there a way to take of the end cap without damaging it anything?

The 650 cap redesign (from the 550) means the only cable you should have to remove is the power. You should be doing this anyway before you remove the SD card to prevent the card getting corrupted if you remove it while data is being written. If you unplug the camera and wait for it to shutdown properly, it can stop recording gracefully.

I know this, I have a wired in on/off switch in the car, so always power down before removing the SDcard,
I dont want to keep removing the Power cable to remove the SDcard but the cover prevents me doing it the way i want, hence the question.

Ah, okay. Wasn't sure. The end piece that houses the cap comes off with a small screwdriver or something that you can use to release the little recessed lock tab (it's in a slot near the ribs that allow the camera to ratchet). The end then pulls off. The cover plate is just held on by a small plastic post that has a swaged end. You can just cut this post. You could cut the post with the camera intact, but the swaged end would be left inside and could rattle around.

A around the 50 second mark in this video you can see how the end cap comes off.

Back