Removed

Your car should have been easy to see!
Maybe get a flourescent orange one instead of road coloured when it is replaced?

Possibly the low sun had something to do with it, but it was probably a result of the OP using the right hand lane so the other driver thought he could overtake in the left lane. Overtaking on the left is illegal because this is often the result! Using the right lane when leaving was questionable since there wasn't anything to overtake, but there were two lanes off the roundabout and the OP had right of way, the person behind shouldn't have been overtaking so I don't think there is any need to argue about turn signals.

I was in the left lane about to exit the roundabout. The other car entered the roundabout without stopping or even slowing down.

He admitted he was going too fast, both to me and later to a policeman.

Attachments

• carcrash2.jpg
    carcrash2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
  • carcrash.jpg
    carcrash.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 21
  • carcrash1.jpg
    carcrash1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
From the video it appears to me that you were still in the process of changing lanes, so if it reached court then a few % of the responsibility may end up with you since you are supposed to ensure that your lane changes are safe and won’t result in an accident. As an insurance matter there is no issue, it was 100% the other drivers fault. Since it was on a roundabout I doubt that a judge would give you more than slight criticism anyway, but never treat dashcam video as 100% proof that your view is correct in court, and do treat it as a learning opportunity. Different people will see different stories in it, so worth getting a few opinions.

That is quite a bit of damage, but should be repairable unless there is something big hidden.

Disagree (nicely) with Nigel, the sun was ahead of the OP car, he was on the roundabout and had priority, the car that hit him was going too fast for the conditions and didn't give way, the OP will be fine whoever looks at it, judge or insurance company, whether written off will depend on percentage of damage against age/mileage trade in value of car.

He admitted he was going too fast, both to me and later to a policeman.
Pretty much sums it up.
Good Luck Tabcom.

It appears to me that the OP was exiting the round about to the left from the right lane. Which would make it fully the OP fault. Just my view of it.

I think it is important to know if the OP had his/her turn signals indicating a left turn, a right turn to suggest he/she was continuing around the circle or, as is becoming very common, was not using turn signals.

I think it is important to know if the OP had his/her turn signals indicating a left turn, a right turn to suggest he/she was continuing around the circle or, as is becoming very common, was not using turn signals.
From a legal point of view, the turn signals make no difference to who is at fault, since they make no difference to who has right of way.
They may alter the % blame if taken to court, but shouldn't make any difference to an insurance claim. Doesn't mean you don't need to use them; letting people know what you are doing does avoid accidents, and they can often save you from your own mistakes as they allow other road users to know that you are going to do something silly.

Damn, I never got to see it (now removed).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
flank Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 3
Back