Removing and inserting micro sd card

chinoman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lost my 32gb micro SD card :mad:. I use the edge of a credit card to remove and insert the SD card because the GC is mounted behind the mirror, my fingers are too fat and the recess to the slot is too small. If the credit card slips, the SD card shoots out of the slot. Previous times I was lucky when the SD card landed on the floor of the car. Today the card landed on the dash and slid behind the dash and the windshield. No way to retrieve it without removing the dash. So having said that, my GC will be out of commission until I get an opportunity to get another one :(. BTW, the GC is my first dash cam and I'm loving it.

My question to the forum members, what technique or perhaps a tool are you using to remove and insert the micro SD card into the GC without fear of losing it?

After the first few times this happens and especially after what happened to you one simply learns to be careful. I sometimes keep my other hand up with my palm facing the camera to block a card that decides to become a projectile.

Maybe it's time to resurrect an idea I suggested quite some time ago which is that we need to sponsor a contest to see which dash cam can shoot a microSD card that farthest! :D Now that we have new serious contenders like the Street Guardians things could get interesting! :)

This is my low tech solution.

2zeyttt.jpg

KuoH

My question to the forum members, what technique or perhaps a tool are you using to remove and insert the micro SD card into the GC without fear of losing it?

Lost my 32gb micro SD card :mad:. I use the edge of a credit card to remove and insert the SD card because the GC is mounted behind the mirror, my fingers are too fat and the recess to the slot is too small. If the credit card slips, the SD card shoots out of the slot. Previous times I was lucky when the SD card landed on the floor of the car. Today the card landed on the dash and slid behind the dash and the windshield. No way to retrieve it without removing the dash. So having said that, my GC will be out of commission until I get an opportunity to get another one :(. BTW, the GC is my first dash cam and I'm loving it.

Welcome to the forum. I sometimes use a plastic washer which will gently spring it out without scratching anything.

Try if you can get hold of it with a vacum cleaner, just put somthing in/ over the path of the air so the card dont get sucked all the way down to the dust bag inside.

Perhaps one of the missus nylons will be good, somthing that dont bloce too much of the suction power.

Some weeks ago my 64 Gb card shot out of the open door, so i had to crawl around of pea sized graven on my hands and knees, a quite painfull deal for 40 minutes or so.

The tape tap as pictured above is quite good, i have used that on those damm little SD cards before.

After firing mine across the car twice, I stopped using the cigarette lighter power adaptor and replaced it with a USB cable; now I just copy the files off to my laptop in the car using the USB.

Back