Removing F800 PRO mount from windshield.

MattressActress

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to successfully remove the F800 PRO mount from the windshield? I am tinting my windshield tomorrow so I need to remove my mount. Would a heat gun work to help loosen up the tape that comes with the mount?

Heat gun may work. Cut the edges with a razor blade and use a putty knife to remove the mount.

Heat gun, or a sharp utility knife. Be careful as you don't want to scratch the windshield

I was able to remove it with a hair dryer.

Did you direct the hairdryer at the black plastic mount, or did you prise off the plastic mount first and then use the hairdryer on the sticky pad left behind?

I removed the camera and directed the heat along the nearest edge of the mounting plate. After a couple of minutes the tape softens and I was able to use my fingernail and get a small part of the tape to release from the windshield. Keep applying the heat, once you get it started it is not difficult to get the mount to release from the windshield. The next step is to get the tape off the mount which is easy once you have it off the windshield. Just heat it up and use your fingers to get a small section started and it pulls off. I cleaned up any adhesive residue from the windshield with isopropyl alcohol and used 3M Adhesive Remover to remove any residue from the mounting plate. I gave the mounting plate another cleaning with isopropyl alcohol to finish. Apply new 3M VHB tape to the mount and your done.

Back