removing mount and reattaching.

diamente

Reaction score
Country
United States
I finally sprung up money for SGGCX2PRO dash cam in December. Couldn't be happier. I appreciate they give us 2 mounts because I have 2 cars. I need to replace a windshield due to a long crack and I need to remove the mount.

What glue do you recommend in gluing back the mount?
I park in the driveway and I don't want my cars broken in. Every night, I detach the dash cam off the base and take it home with me.
Do I need to be worried about dash cam or the mount wearing off due to constant taking off and putting on the dash cam?

Most use one of the 3M dual sided tapes, but SG also have spare pads i am sure, there should also be a extra pad or 2 in the box.

Even with no constant moving camera around the seal between the camera and mount will get some slop over time, this is why the EVA pads are provided to put in between the 2 parts.
As i recall they go on the camera where the reg number are do do remember to register for the extended warranty before covering the sticker with a EVA pad.

Jon will probably be all over this when he get online.

There are spare 3M Adhesive pads in the box. (Look for red backing)

Add one piece of black EVA foam pad (also in the box) on the back of the camera to keep things tight long term.

thanks, sorry is there any video or instructional manual on these pads? There are other stuff but I am not sure what their uses are.

thanks, sorry is there any video or instructional manual on these pads? There are other stuff but I am not sure what their uses are.

Here is a video for the SG9663DC but it's the same instructions. (just a bit smaller for the SGGCX2PRO)

There are spare 3M Adhesive pads in the box. (Look for red backing)

Add one piece of black EVA foam pad (also in the box) on the back of the camera to keep things tight long term.

Thanks for your reply. I saw there are 2 extra 3M Adhesive pads. Is there anywhere I can get extra? I used one of the extra pads and I attached the base wrong in the wrong direction. I detached the base and oriented in a different direction but the pad is damaged. I can't get a good stick to the windshield.

I need to save the other pad for my other car.

Back