Removing the mount on tinted rear windshield

puska

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What's the best way to remove the rear camera mount from rear windshield that's tinted. Car is going back for tinter to fix lint trapped under the tint and I need to remove the rear camera and remount it after.
c28749f4eb6f88e73fe41dc38105da1e.jpg
6702d328c279b03489a48101b00cbfaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Take the camera off the mount first.

Use the included trimtool (in the box) to pry the mount off, pick a corner, slower the better. Once a corner is lifted a bit, add a little bit of slow twist steady pressure

9a0aeb0f78ea9fcc0216577932d2e1ba.jpg

Will I need an extra double-sided tape to mount it again or the kit comes with extra already? I've kept the box just left it in storage.

you could just ask the tint guy to take it off, he'd be taking the tint underneath off anyway if he's retinting the window

@jokiin will do that as I have some reserves regarding taking tint off and damaging defroster lines but I'm not seeing tint guy myself as dealership convinced me their tint guy is amazing so I went with it when I got a new car but I really wasn't satisfied so I'm making them redo it.

yeah they soak the windows to get the tint off so it can be removed without damaging the demister, last thing you'd want to do is pull at it and have it wreck something

Back