Renault Fluence Hardwire

Tomlev20

Reaction score
Country
Israel
bs"d

Hi guys,
from what I read here you seem to be an experts on the field of car electricity and hardwiring.
I own a Renault Fluence and bought a hardwire car kit for my dash cam (so it could record while parking). but I have been told that doing a hardwire might "screw up" the car's computer...
What do you guys say about it? has anyone experienced any problems with this kind of hardwire on a Fluence?
Would you recommend a different method?

Thanks

Tom

I have read some reports online, talking about wiring accessories into newer cars with advanced CANBUS systems. If you wire into just any available circuit on some newer vehicles the CANBUS system is affected and can cause problems. However the car manufacturers realized that the owners would want to wire aftermarket devices into their cars so there are places you can do this without affecting the CANBUS system. Usually it is the same circuit for things like cigarette lighters. Do some searching online for your particular vehicle, you are probably not the first person who has wanted to wire something into your car.

Back