techieoftechiest

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
Good Afternoon,

So I tried searching the form and came up with nothing..

So my question is does anyone know the Battery Type; Make or Model? I really don't want to open mine just yet until I know I can get a replacement fairly easy.

Thank You,
Tyler

Good Afternoon,

So I tried searching the form and came up with nothing..

So my question is does anyone know the Battery Type; Make or Model? I really don't want to open mine just yet until I know I can get a replacement fairly easy.

Thank You,
Tyler

The one I just recently purchased (about 2 weeks ago), had this marked on the battery:
CX402030
3.7v 200mAh

From googling, it apparently is a Lithium Polymer (Li-Po) Li Ion battery.
I am currently investigating a different sort of backup as I am fairly sure this type won't last through our summer (and I don't want it blowing and leaking everywhere over my dash). Thinking of a super cap at this stage. Needs some testing.

Hi! I am very new to all this. I have just read a comment about frying an 0806 camera due to leaving it constantly powered. I had believed that it could be left constantly powered ie hard wiring and using parking mode. It was my intention to power and charge a 12 volt 7 Amp / hr battery of the cigarette lighter socket and then run the camera of that with the supplied anti-discharge box in serries. I have a 128 gig TF card and I was going to have it permanently on? Am I missing something? Am I being niave? Thanks, Guy.

run it permanently and you can expect the battery to give in reasonably quickly, they are not designed with this usage in mind

Good job in replacing the battery. I have also been looking at alternate battery options. I hoped that I could get a LiFePO4 (apparently can stand more heat than LiPo) in similar size /capacity but unfortunately, no luck.

Thank you very much for the link showing replacement 0806 battery. Is it very difficult to disassemble the camera and fit the new battery? I once tried a similar stand with a little Sony MP4 player and screwed up. I know that they can be very very tiny wires in a tiny space. I suppose my fear is turning a £70 camera into a bag of bits. It would be great if there were some YouTube video, wouldn't it?

Back