Replace Lens

jmdlcar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Maxi, Mobius 2
I replace the lens on my M2 and I need the size of the set screw. Any idea of what size?

Here is a test video of my 4.35mm lens because I don't like FishEYE. I need info if there is any problem good or bad.

Here is a video before I change the lens.
Here is a video after I change the lens.

After I do a live view focus I will post more video.

Last edited:
Looks nice! And if you contact eletoponline365 on Ebay or buymobius.com they will probably send you a setscrew for free.

Phil

Looks nice! And if you contact eletoponline365 on Ebay or buymobius.com they will probably send you a setscrew for free.

Phil

I'm not so sure about that. One time I contacted electoponline365 and asked if they would sell me a couple of lens caps for the original A lens Mobius and they refused unless they were included as part of a larger order. BuyMobius.com would have sold me a lens cap but the shipping fee was a rip-off, especially since they're not far from where I live. (Of course, a couple of Mobius A lens caps could be shipped in a #10 business envelope for the cost of a postage stamp or thereabouts.)

I finally found a great seller on AliExpress who provided them.

What was you not sure about was it the video or the set screw? If it was the video what is wrong with it?
I think he was talking about the set screw, since he went on to talk about eletoponline365 not selling lens caps

Everyone don't like the M2 but I think it has good video no more what it cost me.

What was you not sure about was it the video or the set screw? If it was the video what is wrong with it?

As @TonyM already pointed out I was referring to the fact that eletoponline365 wouldn't sell me a couple of spare A type lens caps unless I placed a larger, more substantial order so I suspect they wouldn't sell any individual Mobius lens module grub screws either.

you can also secure the lens with something other than the ( i assume ) 2 mm grub screw.
I have used lacquer ( for file tying ) white wood glue, and currently on my mobius maxi with the 12 mm lens i use plumbers thread sealing tape to just make the threads tighter.

Last edited:
BTW, Mobius, if you are listening (and I know you are;)) We all really appreciate the fact that you sell spare parts for your cameras. It's one of the things that makes your line of cameras so unique and special. But how about going a step further and making available such often needed additional spare parts such as ribbon cables, lens caps, grub screws, case screws, etc.? I'm sure many of us would be more than willing to pay a modest premium and order certain minimum quantities for the ability to order such things so as for it to be viable for you to stock them.

you can also secure the lens with something lens than the ( i assume ) 2 mm grub screw.
I have used lacquer ( for file tying ) white wood glue, and currently on my mobius maxi with the 12 mm lens i use plumbers thread sealing tape to just make the threads tighter.

UV curing cement works great for securing lenses and it is easily removed when you need to.

I have the set screw I use a M2 x 3mm plus 0.9mm allen wrench. It fit great but the set screw could have been a little shorter.

Last edited:
Patience can be a virtue. When I ruined my WR-1 housing, Viofo kindly sold me another at a nominal cost, but he had to wait till he could visit the factory to source it which took some time.

Spare parts availability is one of the most valued features of Mobius cams, and that truly needs to be continued (and expanded if possible) because these days there are a lot of other good cams competing with it, so having that 'extra edge' will assist in their sales as well as keep us current customers returning.

Phil

Here everything have for my Mobius 2.

Mobius 2 ActionCam Full HD Sports Camera 1080P 60FPS 720P 60FPS Pocket Camcorder
32gb SanDisk Extreme PLUS 3 with a U around it
4.35MM Lens 1/2.3 Inch 10MP IR 72D HFOV for Gopro DJI Phantom Drones F16441
M2 x 3mm set screw plus 0.9mm allen wrench
TV Video Audio Out Cable for Mobius ActionCam Sports Camcorder
USB Mini OTG Cable Use with Android Devices for Mobius Actioncam
Car Windshield Suction Cup Mount
Black Small Bendable Flexible Spider Leg Tripod
Mini USB Car Charger Adapter
Super Capacitor
NEW Replacement LiPo Battery for Mobius 2
Poweradd Slim 2 5000mAh Power Bank
USB 3.1 Type C Male to Micro USB Female Adapter Converter Connector USB-C

Mobius ActionCam APP

Last edited:
I was going to take some Dash Cam video today and tonight with my M2 but it snowing today so I will have to wait. I will 3minute loop recording and take 1 of each. Because I want some input if there anything wrong with them.

I went to VA today to the Doctor so I did a short video to see if it would take a video inside. So tell me what you think.

Picture was removed

Last edited:
Something I try today was the TV Video Audio Out Cable but the display I had was a 2 screen car DVD player so I took the second screen and hook it up to my Mobius 2 and can't believe how easy it was. I set it up to wide screen but my question is can I use it to adjust the focus?

I went to VA today to the Doctor so I did a short video to see if it would take a video inside. So tell me what you think.
Well it been 2 days with 8 viewer no one said anything. I wish someone said something about it.

It seems the focus is OK in the vid, but better to do with a complex-detailed outdoor scene. And yes, using a vid-out function on a larger display which has high resolution is the best way to focus a cam since you can more easily see the details.

Phil

Back