Replacement dead battery

Hopeless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm no good with technology, so please forgive me, my front dashcam with cabin view add on is hard wired (installed by Halfords) if it's hard wired, how come the battery is now dead?

Also, I now need a replacement battery, anyone know if this is something Halfords do? (I wouldn't begin to try and do it myself)

If you search this section there are loads of requests for dead battery advice to which Nextbase have responded with 2 options.

Hi Kremmen, I've searched the forum, the solution appears to be, either order a replacement battery from Nextbase £10.00 and do it myself, (n)(n) or book it in with Nextbase £31.00, turn around 7/10 days, :cry::cry: the problem with that, as a taxi driver, I need constant dashcam footage :confused:

I'd never have purchased and paid for installation with this product, had I known at the time the battery would require regular replacement, I still don't get, if it's hardwired, how come the battery doesn't hold the charge?

Exactly why I ditched NB and opted for a dashcam with super capacitors.

Mine has been going for nearly 3 years without issue.

Hi Kremmen, I've searched the forum, the solution appears to be, either order a replacement battery from Nextbase £10.00 and do it myself, (n)(n) or book it in with Nextbase £31.00, turn around 7/10 days, :cry::cry: the problem with that, as a taxi driver, I need constant dashcam footage :confused:

I'd never have purchased and paid for installation with this product, had I known at the time the battery would require regular replacement, I still don't get, if it's hardwired, how come the battery doesn't hold the charge?
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you wouldn't like to use either of our battery replacement options.

I would recommend ensuring your hard wire kit is on a permanently live fuse instead of a switch live fuse. Then enable Parking Mode on the camera. The cam will then use your car's battery for power instead of it's own internal battery.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie, it's not that I wouldn't use a Nextbase replacement battery, it's time consuming having to return the item, especially when I'm reliant on the product due to my occupation as a driver, back to my original issue, resolved :D:cool:(y) visited Halfords who installed the product, it appears it was a faulty USB cable, replaced, all appears to be OK,

I'm useless with technology, what may appear as basic to some, really challenges me, I've had a few issues with Nextbase, currently, I'm on a free 3 months trial with SOS, no sure I'll submit to the annual subscription plan once the free trial ends.

Back