Replacement for Blacksys CF-100 in $100 price range

Imthabean

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for a 2 channel camera option (front/rear window) with GPS. I loved my CF-100 but pulled it out of my old car and lagged to get it into my new car. I finally got around to installing it, but Cammsys is no longer supporting it, the GPS does not work with Google Maps and the rear cam is no longer responding due to a software issue.

I'd like a similar set up since I want to run a set in both of my cars.

Welcome to DCT :) Currently the Mini 0906 is a popular 2-ch cam at a good price, The Aukey DR02 D is another you might want to consider. Lots more 2ch cams than just a couple years ago ;)

Phil

Surprisingly enough, the Mini 0906 and the DR02D are both on my short list of options.
The biggest reason I liked the CF-100 was that it didn't have a screen, one less distraction. The 0906 and DRO2D have very small screens, and if I can turn them off, all the better.

I plan on mounting the front cam in front of the rearview mirror so it is out of sight, out of mind and I can tuck the wires cleanly.

Most of the dashcams that do have a screen, well those screens are not the reason the cameras have the size it have.
Only a few ( thank god ) are cramming in larger screens and so making unnecessary large dashcams as they seem to think dashcams are like phones where most want larger and larger screens.

The 0906 could not be any smaller even if you removed the screen, or it could maybe a little if you then redesigned the inside and split it onto 3 PCB bords instead of the 2 it have now.

Hi

the GPS does not work with Google Maps

That's not entirely true. If you are prepared to work your way through my guide, you can extract the raw GPS data from CF-100 videos and have it display on Google Maps. Or, use it for whatever other purpose you can dream up.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...s-data-from-the-cf-100-avi-video-files.19261/

I miss my CF-100 but honestly the video quality wasn't great. I'd either just get one or two single channel cameras or spend more for a good 2-channel system. The CF-100 was a bit of a bargain in 2-channel land, not much else exists at the same price.

If you get one single channel camera now, you have the basics covered and then you can save up and add a second camera later. That way would also leave you with a spare camera, should your first, front camera ever fail.

Screens are good for going through menus, aiming and of course playback on scene if you did need to. Most will turn off after a short while and in some countries, that function is required to keep you on the right side of the law.

Back