Replacement for my Nextbase 312GW

Largoh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a cam max price of £100 to replace my now fault 312GW.
The feature I'm struggling to find is Parking Mode. Are there any cams similar and a bit more reliable?

Cheers

Currently looking at the 'Thinkware F50'. My concern is that it appears to require hard wiring for parking mode to work. I own a BMW so that's not an option for me because of the silly battery protection thing they have. Also a celllink is very expensive. I can't justify that price at the minute (house deposit woes)

Some people use mobile phone power banks for dash cam parking mode recording but F50 needs 12V input.
I am afraid it is hard to find something reliable (parking mode) within your budget.

The way to get around needing the cell link is dead easy, buy a AGM battery 12 volt around 12-15ah or what ever you need, AGM batteries can be mounted in any position wired to dash cam lead/supply and given a live through a 5 pence 1N5408 diode so it charges AGM battery whilst in use, then when car is off AGM battery still continues to run cam, a 12 a/h will run a two cam set up around 24-28 hours, this size AGM battery will cost around £30 or so, I have fitted one under a front seat for some one, his car is used every day so 12 a/h was more than enough for him, totally leak proof totally safe, just need to put diode in correct way around so it charges AGM battery, for those with suitable space a normal lead acid battery could be placed elsewhere and wired the same, this will have no effect on the likes of cars with battery monitoring at all as it is effectively "unknown" by the cars electrical system.

Back