Replacement main unit for Koonlung?

BFG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Aukey DR-02D
Hi,

First post :) I have a couple of K1S sets, in two different cars and they've failed inside a year. One was replaced but the replacement failed in the same way.

I like the quality and design of the cameras. Does anyone know of an alternative recording unit I can plug the same cameras into?

how did the unit die?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi,

First post :) I have a couple of K1S sets, in two different cars and they've failed inside a year. One was replaced but the replacement failed in the same way.

I like the quality and design of the cameras. Does anyone know of an alternative recording unit I can plug the same cameras into?

This is very typical with this product. You're fighting a losing battle long term.

Reactions: BFG
It became unreliable, failing to start recording, just monitoring when switched on, needing the record button to be pressed. Then it started freezing. Next it would just reset itself.
Finally it simply failed to power on at all. No resets worked.

I bought them with some permanent wired USB adapters. The seller insists that these should have been fitted by a rocket scientist with an oscilloscope and full diagnostic diagrams of the car, without which the car's 12v supply would fry the whole rig - and because I failed to do this, it's my fault. Well I paraphrase but they're not being very helpful.

I'm not precious about the purchase - feel free to tear it apart ;)

Back