Replacement mini 0806?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
Sadly, after several years, one of my mini 0806's failed. Thankfully SquareTrade refunded my purchase price. I was going to buy either a Viofo A119 Pro or an A129, but my car is already custom wired for two mini 0806's, which require a micro USB cable. So, I think I'd rather just get a new mini 0806. The only problem is that many reputable retailers (i.e. SpyTech) no longer carry the mini 0806's.

I do see that amazon.com is selling a mini 0806 for a decent price, but I'm unfamiliar with SplashETech. Does anyone know if this version of the mini 0806 is made by the same manufacturer as the one I purchased several years ago from SpyTech? Does anyone have any experience with SplashETech? Better yet, is there a new version of the mini 0806 that has a capacitor instead of a battery?

Any advice and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
there is only one manufacturer of that model so regardless of who you buy it from it should match what you had previously

Thanks jokiin. I decided to use the remaining mini 0806 as the rearview camera, which isn't in direct sunlight and purchase a Viofo A129 for the front. Why continue to support a dashcam that has been problematic from the start? :)

Thanks jokiin. I decided to use the remaining mini 0806 as the rearview camera, which isn't in direct sunlight and purchase a Viofo A129 for the front. Why continue to support a dashcam that has been problematic from the start? :)

well I didn't want to be the one to say it, but I think you came to the right conclusion anyway

Back