Replacement of Marcus 1?

Padwanjoe

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Shadow GT680W; Mobius B Lens, JooVuu X, A119
Hello. I read somewhere that the production of Marcus 1 was discontinued and a new camera, apparently named Oscar, will come in April 2015. Does anybody know more on this subject?

Hello. I read somewhere that the production of Marcus 1 was discontinued and a new camera, apparently named Oscar, will come in April 2015. Does anybody know more on this subject?
The Marcus 1 will be replaced by the Oscar, (also known as the Ottoman). Not sure on the time frames though.

Agreed... there has been very little interest in the Marcus 1 for quite some time..it's due for retirement in any case.

I'm thinking of purchasing the Ottoman.

I don't know much but it sounds like they upgraded the imaging sensor of the Marcus 1 and its now called Ottoman.

I don't understand how the Marcus 1 can go from 3 million pixels to 4 million pixels and still be 1080p. (1920 x 1080)

Is it worth spending more to go to the Marcus 3 or 4 ?

you only need 2mp for 1080p, if using a higher mp sensor it's either cropped or compressed (can be either)

Ottoman is for local Asian markets only. For export it is Known as Marcus 2 . So yes Ottoman and Marcus 2 replaced the Marcus 1.
Marcus 3 is also discontinued. In the Australian Market Marcus 4 outsells Marcus 2 by about 10 -1. But it depends on the cost difference in your local market and how much you want to spend.

Ah thanks for the info.

I did not know the Ottoman was indeed the Marcus 2. I wonder why they decided to call it Ottoman.

Apparently one drawback is that the Ottoman does not take SDXC cards. I'm not sure if the image sensor is 3MP or 4MP either.

Back