Replacement power adapter help

Curious

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lost the DC adapter that came with the camera. Can someone advise me on how to find a replacement on eBay or Amazon? I see in the manual:

DC Adaptor
Input: DC 12~24V
Output: DC 12V

So can I buy any adapter that is 12V, or what else do I need to make sure of? Thanks.

I would like that one, but if possible I want to save money. If a cheaper one is also good.

Leaving aside questions about parking modes, wearing down the battery etc., would the following work to properly power the Panorama G from the car’s cigarette lighter while driving?

1. Don’t use the Panorama’s power adapter # PANOPWR!

2. Instead plug into the cigarette lighter the compact a Garmin 12 volt to USB adapter/charger # 010-10723-17. This adapter has a 12-volt DC input and two USB outlets of 5 volts x 2.1 amps.

3. Then connect the Garmin adapter to the Paragon G’s power port with a cable such as this StarTech power adapter cable. This cable has a USB connector for the Garmin adapter end and a 5-volt Type M 1.3 mm x 3.5 mm barrel connector for the Panorama G end. Note that the cable would connect to the power port, not the USB port, on the Panorama G.

Currently without any problems I power my Garmin GPS unit and my HP f210 dashcam (which has a battery, not a capacitor) using the Garmin adapter and short USB cables. No bulky power adapters, no hard wiring and no long cables. Neat and clean and unobtrusive. Note that both devices are meant to be powered through their USB ports, unlike the Panorama G.

Last edited:
You should only power the Panorama II / S / G via the cylinder power port on the side which takes 12v-24v straight in.

If you use the 5V microUSB port on top the camera will power on but recording won't happen automatically. This port is for factory service only.

The examples you just posted talk about 5V USB power which is not an option

You should only power the Panorama II / S / G via the cylinder power port on the side which takes 12v-24v straight in.

If you use the 5V microUSB port on top the camera will power on but recording won't happen automatically. This port is for factory service only.

The examples you just posted talk about 5V USB power which is not an option

Thank you.

Back